Open box speaker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLaudiophile

Reaction score
Is it worth buying an open box speaker from Future Shop. I'm looking at the ML C2 center. I can get a couple of hundred off. Is it worth it or just buy it new. I still get the warranty.

Hi NL,

As long as you get full warranty and there are no physical blemishes, no issues.

I've bought the majority of my gear as "dealer demos".

General rule of thumb. You should receive a 40% discount +/- off list if you buy this way.

GG

For sure its worth it as its not a demo of an electrostat panel so no need to worry about how much exposure the panel has had

Bought and set up. Just replaced my Bose vcs-10. It's a day and night difference. It's a whole new level of HT. Martin Logan rules!!

Bought and set up. Just replaced my Bose vcs-10. It's a day and night difference. It's a whole new level of HT. Martin Logan rules!!

No way! Bose is the best speaker in the world! Isn't it? I think I read that in an ad in one of my wife's magazines. ...and before you ask me what I was doing reading one of my wife's magazines, let me ask you...have you seen some of the women in those mags?

i like that is just to funny,bose vs martin logan not even close in my opion.

No highs, no lows ? It must be something other than MartinLogan : )

Yes indeed, a night and day difference ... I went from Bose 701s and 161s to Motion 40s and LX16s ... A world of difference.

Another LX16 replaces a Polk CS10 in the center, and a Dyno 700 instead of a JBL ... Oh, yeah !

Marantz 5007 replaced a Yammy 371 ...

And my wife, God bless her heart, didn't put up too much of a fuss : )

30 years of Realistic (Radio Shack) and then Bose / Sony and then Yamaha was enough ... Yippie !

30 years of Realistic (Radio Shack) and then Bose / Sony and then Yamaha was enough ... Yippie !

Well you were using the cheapest yamaha known to man... I have an Aventage 1010, a CD-S2000 and an A-S2000 and I love them all (like well behaved children) :D

It's amazing how much one complements the other. So I currently have the ML Electromotion ESLs and the ML C2. I'm still using the Bose 301s for my surrounds. Honestly the center is so powerful(compared to the Bose) I hardly know my ESLs are working!! I'm using an Onkyo 818. May in time add a power amp. But I'm concentrating on more speakers. FX2 and a Dynamo. I'm thinking about adding some high fronts or some rears(any suggestions on one or the other)

Oh and the last system bought back in 1999 was a Sony AVR w/Bose 701, 301, and VCS-10. Even back then, I hated the center. It was always drowned out by everything else. So I have to ask, is what I'm hearing now, the way it should be?? The center is dominating, watched a movie last night and the voices are full, deep, clear and completely changes the HT experience.

Latest posts

Back