Off to Axpona

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GW1800

Reaction score
This is my 5th year and this year the second at the new venue. Each year many rooms have been added and this year is no different. Last year I barely got to all the rooms even staying there the whole time. This year just a Friday visit so much more selective however want to catch for sure the following:
1. ML room - I see they do not have the nice large room from last year but two regular room sizes this year. I thought last year in the larger room with 13's and McIntosh electronics was one of the best sounding rooms at the show. They did not even have subs yet the bass was very good. It will be interesting what they show this year in the smaller rooms. I've heard the Neolith in a regular room and it’s way too small of a room for these speakers in my opinion. Also will be asking about the new ARC update from Anthem. I’m curious why the 212 and 210 were not on the list to take the new update - maybe a replacement is in the works??? I've read a couple of articles on the update but I'm sure will learn more at the show as it sounds like a major upgrade.
2. Stop room 1421 just to see Gayle Sanders and his Eikon speakers. The last time I did the room was way too small and crowded. Just curious with the past connection to ML this maybe something to keep an eye on.
3. Go to the Bricasti room to just catch up but they also have a new M3 DAC that sounds interesting and M25 amp. Demoed the M21 and it was fantastic!
4. Nordost room to catch up on the latest
5. Aurender – They have two new products an A30 and A100 to check out and see what the plans are for the W20.
I see Qobuz is the official streaming service want to check that out.

Unfortunately, I'm missing it this year.

I suggest checking out the Muraudio room as well, for a different "take" on an electrostatic hybrid design!

Have fun! Looks like it's now the largest show in North America!

This is my 5th year and this year the second at the new venue. Each year many rooms have been added and this year is no different. Last year I barely got to all the rooms even staying there the whole time. This year just a Friday visit so much more selective however want to catch for sure the following:
1. ML room - I see they do not have the nice large room from last year but two regular room sizes this year. I thought last year in the larger room with 13's and McIntosh electronics was one of the best sounding rooms at the show. They did not even have subs yet the bass was very good. It will be interesting what they show this year in the smaller rooms. I've heard the Neolith in a regular room and it’s way too small of a room for these speakers in my opinion. Also will be asking about the new ARC update from Anthem. I’m curious why the 212 and 210 were not on the list to take the new update - maybe a replacement is in the works??? I've read a couple of articles on the update but I'm sure will learn more at the show as it sounds like a major upgrade.
2. Stop room 1421 just to see Gayle Sanders and his Eikon speakers. The last time I did the room was way too small and crowded. Just curious with the past connection to ML this maybe something to keep an eye on.
3. Go to the Bricasti room to just catch up but they also have a new M3 DAC that sounds interesting and M25 amp. Demoed the M21 and it was fantastic!
4. Nordost room to catch up on the latest
5. Aurender – They have two new products an A30 and A100 to check out and see what the plans are for the W20.
I see Qobuz is the official streaming service want to check that out.

Thanks for the Update! Just out of curiosity, do you remember which McIntosh gear they demoed with the 13As last year?

Unfortunately, I'm missing it this year.

I suggest checking out the Muraudio room as well, for a different "take" on an electrostatic hybrid design!

Have fun! Looks like it's now the largest show in North America!

Same here. GW1800, Do let us know what you think of the Muraudio sound.

Same here. GW1800, Do let us know what you think of the Muraudio sound.

611 amps and I believe 1100 preamp. I do not remember the source but I do know Dennis from ML was using a iPad. I also do not think an Aurender was involved. I think it was AQ cables

Back