Odyssey or newer ML speaker?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexl911

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an opportunity to purchase a set of mint Odyssey but before I pull the trigger I am just wondering what users here think about this speaker compared to the newer reference line? My dilemma is the price differential between this and let's say and Ethos or even a Vantage is not really that great.

I have had several pairs of ML's over the years including my favorite (CLSIIz) but have not had any of the latest generation in my room. My room is big enough to handle these speakers!

Thoughts??

Ascent 'i' by my reckoning is worth $1500-1800 today. Odyssey has same size ESL as Ascent, but adds an 8 inch paper woofer. So maybe Odyssey is worth a little more to some people...?
I believe Odyssey was introduced in 2003. From what year are the mint Odysseys you're looking at?
(It sounds like you would appreciate as large an ESL panel as possible?)

They were purchased in 2005. However, they are now sold so I need to look elsewhere! Years ago I had CLSIIz so YES -I do appreciate as large an ESL panel as possible.

What should I be considering in the $3K price range. I have a fairly big room: 20'x17'. I'm now leaning towards a Vantage?

Vantage?! I thought you said larger ESL panel...

Does it make sense to buy a used exotic speaker in Germany? And how is the selection? Over here we only buy used ML because they're cheap and plentiful.

Sorry... forgot to change my location. I just moved back to Canada. I did not buy any logans there due to the voltage difference. I did buy some Sonics by Joachim Gerhard, which I did bring back.

Back