New vista coming today

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocobob

Reaction score
My vistas from audio advisor will be here today.I have monitor audio silver rs6 that are nice but allways wanted the ML sound and with the deal now on the vista I had to hop on them.I have a new Music Hall a70.2 integrated amp that will power them in a 2 channel system.It is a high current amp with dual totorrials transformers.It has 185w a channel at 4 ohms.My room is 12 by 17ft with the speakers at one end.I should have room to move them out from the walls 3 ft.Any advice appreciated.Will post after a few listening sessions.Thanks Bob:rocker:

Clear the space between and behind the speakers and pull em out 5ft when listening. Vista owner here also, I got mine from audioadvisor for 2k. Its a hell of a deal and they sound fantastic, congrats bud and welcome to the club

Getting some room behind the speakers is a great starting point. I have my vistas almost 4 feet out and they really opened up compared to when they were closer to the wall. I also jumped on the audio advisor deal. Congrats and enjoy the show!

Pull a Vista...

I too purchased a pair of these from AA for my theater room. As mentioned, pull them as far out as you can, 3ft is ok, 4-5 is MUCH better. Give the woofer a long time to break in...these speakers have very good, tight bass but it takes a bit of time. I broke mine in for a few days in my main system (where I have Summit X's) but that wasn't enough. Months later when I put them back in my main system, I couldn't believe how good the bass was!! Forget what you paid, they are a sensational speaker at ANY price!!

thanks guys I will try 3ft first.My equipment rack is between the speakers.But the speakers will be a littel out front of that.No other way around that.Are any one of you using a subwoofer with your vista in a 2 channel setup.Thanks

I have the grotto i in my two channel setup fed from the pre outs of an anthem integrated. I'm still working on integrating the sub. It definitely improves the bottom of the low end but the vistas on their own are still fantastic.

I had my first listen and was not impress then my wife said you think you should take those covers off.I was so excited I forgot.After that they really open up.More bass than I thought they would have. I played Littel River Band'Alan Parsons'Rodrico and Gabrela.Tonight a littel harder.Thanks Bob

They may seem Tizzy at first but that will fade as they break in, U should leave them on all day in the begining, if U can.

Back