New Summit X Review in TAS - Better than any dynamic speaker under $40K

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a big sound so maybe my liking for the 20.1s is coloured by my preferences The Summits produced a very tight but smaller scale of sound whereas the 20.1s produce a very large scale and powerful sound.

This is so true, and is one of the main distinguishing points between the Summit and the Prodigy, as well as the Maggie 20.1. The smaller panel and more compact size of the Summit simply can't produce a large scale image like the Prodigy or the big Maggie can. The Maggie is really good at this. The 20.1 produces what seems like a huge wall of sound.

This is so true, and is one of the main distinguishing points between the Summit and the Prodigy, as well as the Maggie 20.1. The smaller panel and more compact size of the Summit simply can't produce a large scale image like the Prodigy or the big Maggie can. The Maggie is really good at this. The 20.1 produces what seems like a huge wall of sound.

And what's more I bet the Maggie sounds 100% as though it is "cut from the same cloth" from top to bottom - and the bottom will go low.

A lot of the reason I went for the Apogee re-build is because it uses the same driver material for the entire frequency range and it goes low. It can't help but not lose!

I'd love to hear some 20.1s. They aren't the same as Apogees in the bass driver implementation, so it'd be interesting. Probably more like the Analysis bass implementation but correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Back