New ML model coming!!! UPDATE! "NEOLITH" INFO INSIDE!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, Roberto. I'm sure the Neoliths would make an awesome pair of headphones in my little 14' x 19' listening room. Just showed the picture of them to my wife. Apparently, they rank pretty low on the WAF scale.

Where are the first impression reviews already? I thought we had boots on the ground at this show. Justin? Kedar?

Also, guys, if you get a chance, check out PS Audio's room and their new Direct Stream DAC. I'm curious how it compares to those Lampi's you guys love.

Yeah, my girlfriend isn't too keen on the look of them either, but I like the look of them because I appreciate designs that place function over form.

Yeah, my girlfriend isn't too keen on the look of them either, but I like the look of them because I appreciate designs that place function over form.

I agree. Personally I think they look beautiful and are exactly what I have been hoping to see from ML for the past nine years. Definitely a step in the right direction and hopefully the design will filter down to the more reasonably priced models.

If you buy that speaker you had better have a large, dedicated room, where WAF is not a concern.

If you buy that speaker you had better have a large, dedicated room, where WAF is not a concern.

I totally agree! For me, the Neolith would be a commitment to invest real money in a whole new set of gear. I will readily admit that it will be a number of years before I'm ready to make that kind of commitment. I do look forward to that day, though.

I will readily admit that it will be a number of years before I'm ready to make that kind of commitment. I do look forward to that day, though.

The good news is by that time you will be able to get a lightly used pair for a (relatively speaking) reasonable price.

Guys, when did you start to worry about the look of any speaker? I had being an user of many speaker brands in the past. I did not worry about the look. If their sound is OK, then that's all what I need, then to make my decision to have it or not. I had the ugliest and the nicer looking too. As an example, have you seeing the new Sonus Faber Devialet? But I do not like how they sound at all. I had read great reviews about them, and boys, I just do not like them. No goose bumps, no feet moving along with the music, no sense of the musician's feeling... My friends, enjoy what you have as I am with my toys too. Happy listening!

They ( Martin Logan ) really need to pair the size down to a Prodigy size panel, 16 inches wide which would fit better in most rooms. Lets face it, you need an incredible huge room for these new speakers. It will be interesting to see the trickle down effect.

Having just heard them in a not huge room by US standards I don't agree. And I think they'd be OK in smaller. Unsure of the Munich room dimensions but much smaller than the room I heard the CLX in in the UK.

Wife Acceptance Factor! Very important too, when you have in your living room, your system. I reason why I am with my fourth wife...LOL! ( about 10 years and counting )

Ahhh, I guess I'm just lucky my wife likes music too. She was understanding when I bought my Motions. Hopefully she's understanding when I buy my ESLs =)

No way will they be anywhere under $30K, too much advance in technology, too much of a speaker for $20s. My guess is $38K - $48K. There's a lot of competition in that range now, will be interesting to see how it shakes out....

Ahhh, I guess I'm just lucky my wife likes music too. She was understanding when I bought my Motions. Hopefully she's understanding when I buy my ESLs =)

Right!, and now I am sharing my life with an outstanding and caring person. She really understands my craziness regarding my system. Also, she does not complaint at all when a get a new piece for my system. She is my friend. I am a lucky person in this moment of my life, finding such an understanding an loving woman.

Regarding the WAF, it is important to share with our partner, our couple, and ask them what they thing regarding the new stuff that we might get for the system. Their opinion is very important, even that we, the men, have the last three words always: yes, my love.

The Martin Logan electrostatics have a very good effect and approval with them, usually they do like the see through panels. And the speakers are easy to match with the decor, because of the wide possible combinations of the wood colors of the cabinet. You do not worry about it, just play to her, her favorite song, and you are done!

Happy listening!

Last edited:
No way will they be anywhere under $30K, too much advance in technology, too much of a speaker for $20s. My guess is $38K - $48K. There's a lot of competition in that range now, will be interesting to see how it shakes out....

50 - 100 is the official statement, not a guess

I'm sure the German dude said 50K Euros. That's 68K dollars. It can't be right for a US price.

Whatever the US price is we pay in pounds here.

100K Euros for it would be a total joke IMHO. NOT worth it.

I'm sure the German dude said 50K Euros. That's 68K dollars. It can't be right for a US price.

Whatever the US price is we pay in pounds here.

100K Euros for it would be a total joke IMHO. NOT worth it.

50 - 100 when I was there, and he said dollars. I don't think 50 is worth it either. Max 30. Logans and Panels are value for money, they will lose it at that level unless it is just a branding exercise to show they are high end so that their cheaper products sell more

I don't think 50 is worth it either. Max 30. Logans and Panels are value for money, they will lose it at that level unless it is just a branding exercise to show they are high end so that their cheaper products sell more

Agreed. It's a shame, too, as I think they would sell a boatload of them at a more reasonable price point.

There is a lot of R&D in that model for sure, but I'd not go as far as calling a passive X-over hybrid ESL 'advanced' at this stage.

There is a problem with having lots of R&D expense in a model with limited production, as each unit carries a bigger share of the R&D cost, but as they go up in price, the fewer sales, the more costs each must carry, it goes exponential pretty quickly.
My guess it will be between $30K and $50K USD, any more than that and the unit volumes drop like a rock.

Back