New ML model coming!!! UPDATE! "NEOLITH" INFO INSIDE!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is basically like every hybrid ML ever produced prior to the Summit generation.

I know. And that is why I like it. I don't care if it is the same or similar. I like the fact that they rethought the powered woofer concept.

I can't see Martin Logan going to $40,000 for the Neolith. I reckon mid $20K's. Although we all might be surprised.

Last edited:
There is too much technology involved with this new model. And also, I was told that the crossover is something that it is going to challenge the Wilson´s...even far better. The material of what it is built, it is anti-resonant. I thought they were going to have self powered woofers, but they are not. There is over two years dedicated to design and make this new Neolith to happen. I was told too, that they are more dynamic, more resolution and more life like sense of the musical journey. It is the best product that Joe had ever made.

Talking with a friend at ML, here is what he said about this new model " ...Think big monolith with almost 8 square ft of panel. 12inch carbon fiber front, 15inch rear in separate chambers all built out of a very non resonant material. Joe has been working on them for over two years and is very happy in terms of performance. Bigger surface area than the old statements. Better xover than anything that Wilson uses..." then..." It will be the top in terms of output and dynamics but the CLX will have its place..."
I asked about their price will be more than the CLXs, and his response..." Yes. It will be quite a bit more." but I did not get the price.

Thanks Roberto. While ML is at it why not go ahead make a model the width and height of the Neolith but make it a full panel speaker using same non resonant material. More ROI from the two years of research, and make every CLS owner past and present shed tears of joy!

Just a thought.

Amplification?

Okay, I've revised up to the mid $30Ks :think:

I'm just very impressed with the look of it, and the basic design. Since the bottom end is all passive though, and the those woofers are HUGE, wouldn't it be a challenge to pick amplification that can control them? ML may have to actually make a recommendation, lest the sound quality be degraded, and thus the speakers' reputation along with it.

Looking at the price another way, be it 35k or 100k, I think a person just needs to decide if the loudspeaker is that important to them. In the past 10 years, I've spent 93k on 2 lease vehicles that I could have done without ( I now lease a Ford Fiasco(Fiesta)). If I take that money, and I keep the speaker for the equivalent 8 years, then maybe it's affordable after all :)

I'm just very impressed with the look of it, and the basic design. Since the bottom end is all passive though, and the those woofers are HUGE, wouldn't it be a challenge to pick amplification that can control them? ML may have to actually make a recommendation, lest the sound quality be degraded, and thus the speakers' reputation along with it.

Looking at the price another way, be it 35k or 100k, I think a person just needs to decide if the loudspeaker is that important to them. In the past 10 years, I've spent 93k on 2 lease vehicles that I could have done without ( I now lease a Ford Fiasco(Fiesta)). If I take that money, and I keep the speaker for the equivalent 8 years, then maybe it's affordable after all :)

LOL and I could power them with my Yamaha Integrated....or maybe upgrade there as well...;)

If you got the dough to afford a $50 grand pair of speakers, amplification is the easy part. A pair of Sanders Sound Magtech monoblocs at $11,000 a pair and pushing 1000 wpc should drive those woofers nicely.

If you got the dough to afford a $50 grand pair of speakers, amplification is the easy part. A pair of Sanders Sound Magtech monoblocs at $11,000 a pair and pushing 1000 wpc should drive those woofers nicely.

I agree. I guess it just depends on priorities. Mine aren't there yet, but in another 8-10 years, I could see myself with a pair of truly great speakers.
I like those Magtech Monos too... Maybe a pair of ESL Monos for the panels, and MagTechs for the woofers? :D

And I realize that I half missed your point...
I would want to know what ML used for amplification throughout the development process if I was laying down that kind of money on what will be a (probably) picky loudspeaker when it comes to amplification.

Last edited:
I would put Magtech monos on the woofers and my Conrad Johnson Premier 140 tube amp on the panels and not look back. Sheer sonic bliss! Although I'm sure my ESL monos would handle panel duty adequately as well. The only hard part would be finding another house with a room big enough to fit them. Heck, my Summits barely fit in my current room.

Found this pic on the net...
neolith-L.jpg

You know Rich, I use my CLXs in my small room as earphones...LOL, but what earphones!

Those earphones are pretty impressive!

Has anyone seen any early reviews on the sound the Neolith produces? I'm expecting "Shockingly Clear, Heart Stopping Bass, All Encompassing, :D

Funny, Roberto. I'm sure the Neoliths would make an awesome pair of headphones in my little 14' x 19' listening room. Just showed the picture of them to my wife. Apparently, they rank pretty low on the WAF scale.

Where are the first impression reviews already? I thought we had boots on the ground at this show. Justin? Kedar?

Also, guys, if you get a chance, check out PS Audio's room and their new Direct Stream DAC. I'm curious how it compares to those Lampi's you guys love.

Back