MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the movable base, you can make an encore into anything. You could even make a 5.0 or 7.0 system with just encores.

Both the vignette and encore have a 1.5" × 2.25" (3.8 × 5.7 cm) ATF™ Transducer.

The vignette has:
Two 4" (10.2cm) magnetically shielded high rigidity aluminum cones with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format; bass reflex.

The encore has Two 4" (10.2cm) high rigidity paper cones with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format; bass reflex.

The encore has a nominal impedance of 4 ohms, while the vignette has a 6. That could stress your receiver with the preface already having 4 ohm impedance as well. From looking at the manual, it looks like the Onyko is up to the task of powering all 5 speakers at 4 ohms, but it does say that the protection circuit might shut the thing off after "a long period of time". You also have the option of moving to external amplification in the future using the pre-outs of your receiver.

Really a horse apiece, probably depends a lot on the look you are going for in your room. I love the apearance of the vignette, but that is my opinion.

Last edited:
I too like the look of the vignettes than the encores. however it seems as if the encores blend in better in my room coz of its shape. well looks like encores as center and surrounds then. since they are also 4 ohms, I think im about to buy my very 1st amp soon. sheez another thing to think about. suggestions?

Back