System #351 (Preface, Dynamo, Encore TF)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojomtn

Reaction score
Name: Jojo
ML models: Preface, Dynamo, Encore TF (center, surrounds)
Year purchased: 2010
Mods/changes: None
Associated electronics: Onkyo TX-NR807, Onkyo UP-A1, Monster HTS-1600
Sony bravia, PS-3, Wii, DirectV,
Blue jeans cable 12-white
Comments: My very 1st set-up

Attachments

• DSC_9836.jpg
    DSC_9836.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC_9797.jpg
    DSC_9797.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 773
  • DSC_9756.jpg
    DSC_9756.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 775
  • DSC_9782.jpg
    DSC_9782.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 802
Humble beginnings

Attachments

• DSC_9847.jpg
    DSC_9847.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 749
  • DSC_9794.jpg
    DSC_9794.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 756
  • DSC_9837.jpg
    DSC_9837.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 750
  • DSC_9867.jpg
    DSC_9867.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 751
Glad to see you were able to re-size your pics JoJo .....looks nice !

very nice!! clean setup, i was wondering where the center was until the close up. nice work.

thanks guys. Ive been reading stuff on room treatments but still couldnt get it. based on my room just on a visual perspective, where should I start placing bass traps, etc.

sorry for the late reply. i usually dont check on weekends. Speakers are 5 ft from each other, 1 ft from the back and 3 ft from the side. i messed around a little with placement but really made little difference. i feel that they need to be toed-in almost directly to each ear for best results. probably because the main listening area doesnt have a back wall. the center channel seems recessed which tells me i should put some room acoustics behind it. although im not sure what to place. advice? advice on placement too is highly appreciated.

Nice clean setup....

If you put up some draperies it would go a long way towards dampening some reflections in your room. IMHO.

Dan

Last edited:
Since you're trying to minimize reflections and absorb the sound, a material more along the line of wool or cotton would be better than silk as silk would not absorb very well. Silk would do better than painted dry wall though if that is what you have on hand. Paintings or wall hangings (tapestry's) go a long way to reducing reflections also.

Point is; there are a lot of ways to sound treat your room without buying expensive sound treatment panels.

Hope this helps..

Dan

Helps alot WINK. Placing draperies on the windows will be priority along side plinths similar to JIMNA's. I'm assuming it would be acoustically beneficial if I extend the drapes to the back of the main speakers correct? Any suggestions on what to place behind the center channel that is inconspicous or decorative enough to be eye pleasing? The center sounds recessed.

Latest posts

Back