New Electromotion ESL owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimmerbenz

Reaction score
Well, I finally did it. My brother used to have some great Audiostatic ES-300 speakers and since then I've always wanted to get some electrostats myself. Wife gave the go ahead on a new entertainment center and new TV (Samsung PN64D8000 Plasma) and while looking at the TVs at Best Buy, I noticed the EM-ESL they had and I had to listen to them. They sounded so great that I just couldn't resist the urge on upgrading my fronts to the EM-ESL and also add the ML Encore TF center and Yamaha RX-A2000 receiver. I'm also looking at upgrading the rest of my Onkyo HTIB to the Dynamo 700 subwoofer and Motion FX surrounds but I will have to make room for them in the budget at another time.

The EM-ESL were supposedly open box but they sure didn't look like they had even made it out of the box. The power transformers were untouched and the speakers still had the QA tags on the input terminals. They were a steal at $1300 for the pair. Sometimes you do get lucky.

Now back to breaking in my new equipment...

Latest posts

Back