New Martin Logan owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odysseus

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I just acquired a set of Martin Logan Prodigy speakers, they're my first MLs, not a bad way to begin my Martin Logan experience! I got these speakers directly from my good friend Bob Carver, he bought them new and used them as one of his reference speakers when he was designing and creating his Sunfire equipment. Unfortunately, Bob must have liked to crank them too loud because the two front woofers are fried! Does anybody know where I can get replacements? Thanks and I look forward to visiting this forum often!

Welcome to the Martin Logan Owners forums. Customer service should be able to help you out. I look forward to your audio get together. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Hi everybody, I just acquired a set of Martin Logan Prodigy speakers,I got these speakers directly from my good friend Bob Carver, Bob must have liked to crank them too loud because the two front woofers are fried! Does anybody know where I can get replacements? Thanks and I look forward to visiting this forum often!

Welcome aboard ! .........some friend ! ...LOL !! as the others have said, contact M/L, no problemo getting up and running....send Bob the bill, afterall...what are friends for !!

Thanks for the replies guys! I left a voice message and an email to ML support; in the mean time, with help from my friend Wardsweb, I installed a set of Infinity woofers (from a vintage set of Infinity Qa) and sent the original Scan Speak woofers to an acquaintance in Mexico to try to revive them.

I'll post any developments here!

Thanks!

If anyone could help with a woofer installation, it'd be Luther!:D I was wondering if you two knew each other, since you're both in San Antonio.

Yes, Luther's a great friend, Always wlling to lend a hand!
I got a reply from Martin Logan, they were very helpful and polite, definitely good customer service! Unfortunately, each speaker costs about $700 dollars if a get then directly from them. Now I'm REALLY hoping someone can rewound the burned voice coil! They are still in Mexico, I haven't talked to my in laws to find out if they found someone to do it. In the mean time, the replacement Infinity are working great, but since I've never heard the Prodigies with the original woofers I don't know the difference... I guess in this case ignorance is bliss =)

I'll keep you all posted!

Back