new here

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodyslam

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I had Martin-Logans in my living room for twenty five years, but just found out about this forum when Gordon showed up on the Ultra Hi End forum.

Much as I loved those speakers, I replaced them recently. I have a big set of Magicos that were built for my mastering studio, and--long story--decided to bring them home.

My M-L's were just slightly unusual: a pair of Monolith panels mounted in CLS frames. The first M-L's I had ever heard were Monoliths and I fell in love with them. All the purity of electrostats, but with some beef, and you could turn them up a bit. I wanted them, but really wanted something else in the woofer department. Since I was doing some work with Gayle Sanders at the time he was kind enough to set up a pair of the Monolith panels in the CLS frames for me and voice them properly for the new setup. Then I mated them with Klipschorn woofer cabinets via a Symmetry crossover.

Wonderful, wonderful sound.

Body, welcome........interesting story, our own 'JonFo' specializes in modified Logans as well.

Back