Moving my new Odysseys?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I have not had mine out yet to the track yet. I used to track my 65 cobra but unfortunetly my time because of work has significantly cut into my track time. I don't think that I have been out even to a autocross in at least two years.

I have a 1999 911 with pretty much all the factory GT3 bits on it, except for drivetrain. Aero, rims, suspension, PSE stuff like that. I love it no PASM, no throttle roll back, heck no ABS because it is disconnected right now.

The plan for the car was to strip the body down and do a Getty RSR conversion to it but I have been so buzy lately that I have not even begun to to the teardown.

Cobra...COOOOLLLLL!

Doing an RSR conversion on it will be cool too.

I also have not had NEARLY enough track time in the last 4 years or so. I used to go every other month, but I am lucky to get out for one race weekend a year these days!

Sounds like you have had a pretty good bit of track time, but I tell people DON'T turn off the stability system and keep driving like you have been. Most of the newer students can't feel it kicking in and saving them, but I sure can. Most of the time when they turn it off it is less than half a lap before they spin the car! ABS is nice too, but I have to admit I never got into my ABS, it upsets the balance of the car at turn in and you really don't want that. I know pro racers who can use ABS do and they learn to do it well, but I have never needed to go that far into a braking zone that fast. There isn't anyone waiting to sign me to a racing contract when I get back to the pits! :D

Cobra...COOOOLLLLL!

Doing an RSR conversion on it will be cool too.

I also have not had NEARLY enough track time in the last 4 years or so. I used to go every other month, but I am lucky to get out for one race weekend a year these days!

I am used to older cars like my shelby which was ~1900lb's and 550+rwhp, or my older outlaw 356's (56'), when I bought my 911 it was a option for all the PSM stuff not standard, same with the adaptive steering, sport suspension, and all the other little electronic nannies, th eguy that ordered it decide to take them all out which is the only reason I like the car. The 911 limits are so high anyway it takes a lot of bravery or just a little stupid to get them upset on the track

I bought my 911 it was a option for all the PSM stuff not standard, same with the adaptive steering, sport suspension, and all the other little electronic nannies, th eguy that ordered it decide to take them all out which is the only reason I like the car. The 911 limits are so high anyway it takes a lot of bravery or just a little stupid to get them upset on the track

You have had some cool cars! Well done!

In all my miles of instruction on track I can tell you I have seen plenty of stupid! I have even been the stupid one from time to time, though to be fair the 928's never had any of the nannies to save your bacon when you do the stupid! LOL! ;)

Alright, I have joeyitis, I demo'd a rogue audio chronos and loved it then decided to go with a set of Rogue Audio Magnum M-120 monoblocks, and a metis preamp.

I have started to build some power cables and much better homebrew speaker cables and then all I need is a DAC and I am done.

Back