Monolith

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne,

Congratulations on the Summits! Do you know if the upgrade will be by mail to factory or a DIY kit? I imagine (hope) there will be something similar for the Vantages.

Thanks Dave,
The upgrade will be a DIY kit.
Haven't heard anything about the Vantage yet.

... Are new panels for the Monoliths the same as the old ones or are they improved?I would love to get ahold of a Bryston 10B crossover and bypass the stock ones.If the improvement is as great as advertised,it may be a fair fight against the Summits. ...

Horchem1972, the new panels are the same basic design, but the materials and assembly process have improved a good bit.
The change from my old ones to the new was immediate improvement across the spectrum, and got better during break-in over the following month or two.
A really good value at $950 for a pair of panels.

For Monolith active crossovers, the only non-tunable x-over I'd recommend is the ML Exos, other x-overs, even though having adjustable crossover points and other tweaks, lack the proper EQ controls.

A DBX DriveRack 260 is the ideal modern tool for this, and a very, very nice one is for sale in our classifieds, and what do you know, comes pre-configured for a Monolith ;)

Summits

In talking to Shawn at DaVinci today, he told me the same thing about the Summit X upgrade being $1,500. He also said that he was hearing the retail on the Summit X's will be around $15,000 and the only change from the Summit will be the crossover. So for $8,400 I could have myself some Summit X's a savings of $6,600.

As of this morning Shawn had one pair of Dark Cherry Summits left. Can't believe someone hasn't jumped on this yet.

Would love to have a pair, but right now I can think of over 6,000 reasons why not (unfortunately)

Big Congrats on picking them up Wayne. I would love to hear them.

Doug - out

:drool:
..... because they are the coolest speaker ML has ever made. They have a presence without even firing them up.

Completely objective assesment of course. :cool:

Kevin

just wish they would revive them..sorta a Summit +1.

One reson to go for them: They are big!

attachment.php

They make an SL3 look tiny :eek:

Holy F***!
Thats insane man!
I hadd no idea that they were that huge!
I have never seen them in real life.

Awwww, i want a pair...
I can use my Sequel's as surround speakers! :D:D

Holy F***!
Thats insane man!
I hadd no idea that they were that huge!
I have never seen them in real life.

Awwww, i want a pair...
I can use my Sequel's as surround speakers! :D:D

Pretty mind-blowing, isn't it?

And hey, some of the worlds best systems feature Sequels as rears ;)

I even remeber Fabios Statement (e1) system used Sequels as the side speakers. His rears were a set Infinity IRS V's (the huge two piece ones).
All placed in the worlds worst echo chamber of a room. A sin frankly to all the great gear he had.

Back