Hello from VA USA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudioResurgence

Reaction score
Hi there and thanks for the add.

Just a quick hello and introduction: I’m an old-timer with about 45 years in the hobby and counting.
I recently bought a pair of Impression 11a that I still haven’t quite dialed in yet. So I’ll probably post at some point looking for ideas on how best to drive these puppies, but I will do some reading and research first.

I also just bought a pair of Monolith II in need of a restoration. I’ve only had them a week so I’m still at the reading and research stage, but no doubt I’ll be along asking questions quite soon ;) I may actually just try to move them along to someone younger and with more time and patience than I have.

Otherwise I’m primarily into vinyl and tend to change out gear on a regular basis.

Cheers!

I believe someone over on DIY Audio did a test on how the tension on cold stretched mylar film will change in tension over time after the initial stretch. This could (maybe?) be why break in could be beneficial to this type of speaker.

I have nothing to back this up and I'm honestly not a big promoter of speaker or equipment break in so take it as you will.

After the initial stretch, I think someone on DIY Audio conducted a test to see how the tension on cold-stretched mylar film would alter over time. This may be the reason why break-in might be advantageous for this kind of speaker.

Back