ML won the "Best Sound on the Show" !!! Congratulations !!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miljac

Reaction score
Hello,

just came back from the High End.

Revisiting the CLX prez room, Mr. Allen informed me that for the first time in the history there was an unanimously chosen winner for the "best sound of the show".

Congratulations!!!

Looks like I'm not the only one liking the sound :D:D:D

As you could have guessed I have spent probably around 1 hour or so in the CLX presentation room terrorizing the staff (mostly Mr. Soderberg - thanks and apologize BTW) and the listening crowd with my material; tried to sweep through the genres to get a feeling of the speaker's universality. Sheer enjoyment! Unfortunately there were also others around so could not hear everything I brought ....

More details to follow, along with some photos.

Still have :music::music: in my ears .......

Wow! Maybe this is one of those times where function wins over form! :bowdown:

Hello,

just came back from the High End.

Revisiting the CLX prez room, Mr. Allen informed me that for the first time in the history there was an unanimously chosen winner for the "best sound of the show".

Congratulations!!!

Looks like I'm not the only one liking the sound :D:D:D

As you could have guessed I have spent probably around 1 hour or so in the CLX presentation room terrorizing the staff (mostly Mr. Soderberg - thanks and apologize BTW) and the listening crowd with my material; tried to sweep through the genres to get a feeling of the speaker's universality. Sheer enjoyment! Unfortunately there were also others around so could not hear everything I brought ....

More details to follow, along with some photos.

Still have :music::music: in my ears .......

thanks Miljac...regarding your first impressions, I knew it!!! I had the feeling in my heart that that was going to happened, and to you, Cupid hitted you bad, right?...it did to me when I first listened a pair of CLS at the SCES in Chicago in 1987. I want them too, even that I have not listened them, but had a lot of info since long time ago!!! ML, congrats!!!! and Thank you Miljac!!! Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.
Roberto.

"Unanimously chosen".....It seems everyone who voted thought they were soo ugly they deserved a "mercy vote" ;)....kidding of course. I still can't fathom how the team that has produced such beautiful speakers of late could have laid such an egg!

Last edited:
It seems everyone who voted thought they were soo ugly they deserved a "mercy vote" ;)

Indeed :D. I would make them ruin the looks of my living room any time :devil::devil:! But don't worry, not only sound is great, aesthetics are too - photos don't do them good service. They look much better in reality than on photos, just like Summit.

Last edited:
tand to you, Cupid hitted you bad, right?...i

Roberto,

well I have sold my soul to a diaphragm moving between pieces of metal under high AC voltage already years ago .... but after this kind of esoteric experience I'm burning, you're right ........ although have been terribly sick this morning and had fever last night, I have decided to bite the bullet and go there again. You know now how bad a case it is.

Regards from Germany

miljac

Roberto,

well I have sold my soul to a diaphragm moving between pieces of metal under high AC voltage already years ago .... but after this kind of esoteric experience I'm burning, you're right ........ although have been terribly sick this morning and had fever last night, I have decided to bite the bullet and go there again. You know now how bad a case it is.

Regards from Germany

miljac

Have a hot tea with some whiskey, lemmon juice and sugar...will make you feel better...thanks again for all your report and effort!!! Warm regards,
Roberto.

...the first time in the history there was an unanimously chosen winner for the "best sound of the show"...

Any online links confirming this? I'd like to post this in our Tampa Bay Listening Society forum, but hate to do so without some "official" confirmation!

Thanks! Nice link and comments, and they definitely look a lot better as a mirror-image pair!

Well, I was told that it was unanimous for the first time in history by Mr. David Allen, so this is a sort of insider information that he so proudly told me. If this is not a 100% confirmation then I don't know what else could be. And yes, ML can proudly state it. Looks like the guys at SoundStage had a similar esoteric experience like poor me .... I've been BADLY affected by what I heard ...

They are growing on m e S L O W L Y !
Well I'm glad folks are warming up to them -- that's what usually happens when something is really well designed but different looking. The designers have lived with it, and kept making little changes until if felt comfortable. I can tell you one thing: any little variation you might imagine -- they already tried it and rejected it :rolleyes:.

McIntosh is unfortunately not having the same luck with their new turntable :( (which is McGreen with envy :D)

McIntosh is unfortunately not having the same luck with their new turntable :( (which is McGreen with envy :D)

True, but I guarantee those will be collector's items one day, just for that very reason -- kind of like the edsel. It is so ugly that it will gather a cult following. Of course, if it actually sounds good that will help too. Anyone heard one yet?

Back