The new CLX is HERE ........ indeed!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard the huge 3PX and they are very good and have lots of bass...

That said, they probably have 4x the amount of radiating surface of my CLS 2z's! of course there's also the matter of price. I don't recall exactly how much they were, but I think that $20k was a low ball number.

Although the passage of time makes it difficult to realistically compare, I have always wondered how today's electrostatics compare to my favorites of the past that are long gone such as the Beveridge and the Koss Model One. The Koss especially had that melt-in-your-chair goosebump-raising capability that I sometimes can re-create with my CLS'.

$20,000.00 dollars gets you into the price company of some of the Soundlabs speakers which I have read have incredible and low bass. Can anyone here who has heard Soundlabs comment on their sound compared to MLs.

That said, they probably have 4x the amount of radiating surface of my CLS 2z's! of course there's also the matter of price. I don't recall exactly how much they were, but I think that $20k was a low ball number.

Although the passage of time makes it difficult to realistically compare, I have always wondered how today's electrostatics compare to my favorites of the past that are long gone such as the Beveridge and the Koss Model One. The Koss especially had that melt-in-your-chair goosebump-raising capability that I sometimes can re-create with my CLS'.

Actually ray, Beveridge is back! They were at the RMAF last year playing the updated version of their top of the line offering and taking orders. To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed, especially when compared to both the big SoundLabs in the huge "IsoMike" display and in particular to the VERY impressive Analysis Audio double panels. Those were one of my "Best of Show" contenders.

For any of you guys on the fence about coming to RMAF this year - don't be. Just plan your days off and buy your airline tickets now! Most folks agree it's the best audio show in the country!

Attachments

• Bev2.jpg
    Bev2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 269
  • isomike01.jpg
    isomike01.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Analysis4.jpg
    Analysis4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Wow Tim, that's a mindblower.

Beveridge had been absent from the "scene" for over 20 years!!

Did some Korean dudes just buy the name, or is it really Beveridge?
The original ones had the spookiest 3-D image. The only other system that I have heard in recent memory that did so was the original Porzilli Pipedream.

I need to get out more...LOL

Actually ray, Beveridge is back! They were at the RMAF last year playing the updated version of their top of the line offering and taking orders. To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed, especially when compared to both the big SoundLabs in the huge "IsoMike" display and in particular to the VERY impressive Analysis Audio double panels. Those were one of my "Best of Show" contenders.

For any of you guys on the fence about coming to RMAF this year - don't be. Just plan your days off and buy your airline tickets now! Most folks agree it's the best audio show in the country!

Last edited:
My brother in-law was just visiting last week from Paris. He could have interpreted it for us! Just missed that opportunity.

There was nothing new to us on the video. It just states that this is ML's latest speaker, introduced for their 25th anniversary, and that it is based upon the CLS. They also show a hybrid ML speaker and draw your attention to the fact that it uses a conventional woofer, whereas with the CLX it is all based upon ESL technology. They indicate that the end pieces are made from recyclable material. They state that Macintosh is used to provide amplification. That's about it.

The website has the speakers facing outward into the room, so the design must be quite different than the original.
As I recall they used to face each other and produce a spectacular holographic image.

Absolutely. I was working, in a then high-end shop, part time, HiFi House, Pasadena, CA. while finishing upper division work.

I got wined and dined at a very expensive restaurant when Yamaha rolled out their line to our store.

Ohm's were just available then, and we had those, stacked Advents, Heil AMT, Projection TV, etc. And Harold brought down his model 2 from Santa Barbara and set them up in one of our sound rooms, of course facing each other. Very large sweet spot.

There was nothing new to us on the video. It just states that this is ML's latest speaker, introduced for their 25th anniversary, and that it is based upon the CLS. They also show a hybrid ML speaker and draw your attention to the fact that it uses a conventional woofer, whereas with the CLX it is all based upon ESL technology. They indicate that the end pieces are made from recyclable material. They state that Macintosh is used to provide amplification. That's about it.

Thanks for the translation!!

Back