ML Clarity Dismantle

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkok

Reaction score
Hi has anyone taken apart a Clarity?

I want to take them apart for two reasons. Firstly my ex partner threw a glass of cider at me but managed to get more on one of the speakers :mad: I cleaned it as much as I could with a cloth but can still see marks in the right light. The sound does not seem to have been affected. I have the right bit to fit the screws holding on the front plates but just can't get into the ones lower down where the wood case is. I have to be able to get these off as far as I can see to remove the panels. Any one tried or is there a special angled bit I need.

2nd I while looking around I tried turning the NAC tweeters on and neither works at all. Now these have not been turned on in about 7 years and were working then so not sure what could have happened to them. I can't seem to work out a way of getting to these either without taking the front panel off after the els panel has been removed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

contact Dana at ML service and he will send you a guide on how to remove things. the NACs had little pin switches to turn them on and off and they had some glitches.

also, look up the psot on taking off the panels and doing the 'Shower cleaning' method. That will hopefully wash off the cider on the diaphragm

Thanks guys.

I was intending to shower or at least clean the panels but came unstuck when trying to remove them. I take it I will get the support email from the ML website?

I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Thanks guys and thanks to Scott at ML who sent me the instructions for taking the panels off. I probably won't wash the panels at this point in time as there is no discernible problem with the sound. What is good is that all the terminals were loose so I've been tightening them all up. Also turning the NAC on and off vigorously has cleared that problem up. :)

Back