Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahem! Er... excuse me Mr CLX, but I am a Soundlab M1-PX full range electrostatic.

I go low. Very low. Much lower than you Mr CLX. SO THERE! Sorry Mr Logan - tis just the way it is. I rule and you do not. Check out my vital statistics...:rocker:

I know you tried, Mr Logan, but REALLY! You COULD have done better!

Frequency response 28 Hz to ultrasonics
Audio power (min/max) 100/600 watts (music power)
Radiating area 2350 square inches
Horizontal dispersion 45 degrees (full spectrum)
Vertical dispersion Projected field of panel height
Impedance (nominal) 8 ohms
Sensitivity 88 dB/1W/1m

Height x Width x Depth 80" x 39 3/4" x 9 1/2" (24" at base)
Weight (per speaker) 176 pounds

Sorry - but this IS a deliberate wind-up to make a point... and yes, I still do lurve my MLs, but these simply MUST BE AWESOME!

Let's face it - CLX was designed to sell you Descent i(s). And it WILL sell you Descent i(s), once you get the CLX in your home and the initial honeymoon is over, I'd wager.

Justin

Attachments

• ee6c_1.jpg
    ee6c_1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,126
  • eeff_1.jpg
    eeff_1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,136
Last edited:
Ahem! Er... excuse me Mr CLX, but I am a Soundlab M1-PX full range electrostatic.

I go low. Very low. Much lower than you Mr CLX. SO THERE! Sorry Mr Logan - tis just the way it is. I rule and you do not. Check out my vital statistics...:rocker:

I know you tried, Mr Logan, but REALLY! You COULD have done better!

Frequency response 28 Hz to ultrasonics
Audio power (min/max) 100/600 watts (music power)
Radiating area 2350 square inches
Horizontal dispersion 45 degrees (full spectrum)
Vertical dispersion Projected field of panel height
Impedance (nominal) 8 ohms
Sensitivity 88 dB/1W/1m

Height x Width x Depth 80" x 39 3/4" x 9 1/2" (24" at base)
Weight (per speaker) 176 pounds

Sorry - but this IS a deliberate wind-up to make a point... and yes, I still do lurve my MLs, but these simply MUST BE AWESOME!

Let's face it - CLX was designed to sell you Descent i(s). And it WILL sell you Descent i(s), once you get the CLX in your home and the initial honeymoon is over, I'd wager.

Justin

Great points actually. I'd love a pr. o' the Sound Labs but I'd need a new wife, a new place to live, and a lot bigger acct. balance.

Lovely Sound Lab M1-PX's...

:)These are amazing speakers from everything I have read. Someday I would love to have the good fortune to actually audition a pair. :eek:

This is probably a silly question but what kinda amplifiers are dirving the M1's? :confused:

If my listening room would take them, I would go and have a listen. They are on ebay UK. Alas, it will NOT!:mad:

The starting bid is £4,400, about $8,800, and they have just been (or are being) upgraded to the latest spec. They must surely be a monumental bargain.

Robin, once I knew what those amps were. Haven't seen them for a good long while, and I can't recollect what they are called. Anyone know? And their power rating?

Justin

Last edited:
Actually, that Soundlab ebay listing is looking like a scam. Two zero f/b sellers using pretty much the same listing, at two different prices. That's ebay for ya!

Super-duper Statement System...

:wow:Wow weeee! :wow:

What a lovely Statement system. I even love the sailing ships on the walls. :clap:I betcha those ships are ridin' high when those Statements are cranked-up a bit. ;)

Attachments

• ML Statement System.jpg
    ML Statement System.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,764
  • ML Statement System - View Two.jpg
    ML Statement System - View Two.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,961
Last edited:
Last edited:
Good to see you posting on this thread, again, Robin. I thought my comments had scared you away from it! This thread MUST survive:)

Somehow those photos manage to make the Statement look much smaller than in other pics. And they ARE NOT small!

One day left and only $9,000??? Reserve is not being disclosed. Shipping costs to the UK? AT 3 tonnes, ABSOLUTELY ASTRONOMIC!!! No, I don't think I'll be bidding on these chappies:(

Always on the look out for ML beauties...

Good to see you posting on this thread, again, Robin. I thought my comments had scared you away from it! This thread MUST survive

User211,

Excellent!

:D Yes, I'm always on the look out for beautiful ML speakers... :D

Check out this Lovely Odyssey system... :music:

Attachments

• Odyssey System Aug 31.jpg
    Odyssey System Aug 31.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,260
  • Odyssey Close up Aug 31.jpg
    Odyssey Close up Aug 31.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,253
User211,

Excellent!

:D Yes, I'm always on the look out for beautiful ML speakers... :D

Check out this Lovely Odyssey system... :music:

I think this might have been Wayne's (The WB's) old system. He's moved on to Summits now.

Right Wayne?

Sounds right

I think this might have been Wayne's (The WB's) old system. He's moved on to Summits now.

Right Wayne?

Yes this whole setting looks very familiar. I would say this is Wayne's but will need to wait for him to respond.
Doug - out

Right Wayne?

Yes those are indeed mine, Robin must have pulled the pics off the Gon.

Yes I am in Summit heaven.
Someday I'll get around to updating my system pics.

I love the way the Odysseys look, but the sound from the Summits is pure bliss.

Maybe the entire internet has now been exhausted for ML pics by this thread, and Robin!:)

Here's a couple from my hard drive.... a Vantage pic from HK, and another pic of the Spire set up...

I guess that's N 250.5 for Nelson!:)

Attachments

• Vantage.jpg
    Vantage.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • Spire2.jpg
    Spire2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,226
Last edited:
Just when I think I have seen it all.... Surprize! Ever more Lovley ML's...

I've discided that I will always be able to discover new and wonderful photos of ML speakers. I think as long as folks take photo's I'll never run out of lovely pic's of ML speakers... :D:music::)

:pCheck out these colorful Summits...

The next photo has lovely string instruments as well as an SL3 speaker in the background... :music:

Attachments

• Summits 1.jpg
    Summits 1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,156
  • Martin Logan - SPL3.jpg
    Martin Logan - SPL3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,160
Last edited:
Hm a REAL bass enthusiast there... once that double bass get resonating he probably doesn't need a sub. Nice leccy basses too...

A sub in need is a sub indeed...

Hm a REAL bass enthusiast there... once that double bass get resonating he probably doesn't need a sub. Nice leccy basses too...

User211,

I agree... :D

...I wish I could enthusiastally enjoy the real subwoofer aray of the ML Statement E2 system. Just to audition the E2's for a few minutes would be a wonderful thrill for my ears. :music:

Attachments

• statemente2.jpg
    statemente2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,122
CLX Super Silver System...

:DCLX's with McIntosh gear... Does it get andy better than this? :D

Attachments

• CLX system.jpg
    CLX system.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,190
Yes It Apparently Does Get Better... OMG....

:music:What a lovely CLX system in gloss piano black... Wow!

Notice the Descent i's near each CLX:music:

Attachments

• Black CLX system.jpg
    Black CLX system.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,263

Latest posts

Back