Just curious, how old are you?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Logan owner since 2005
Age is just a number, I have the energy of a 20 year old, the maturity of a 15 year old, the hair line of a 50 year old, and sometimes act like a 2 year old.

Old enough to remember the moon landing and JFK's assassination. (I was a senior in high school on the later, which gives you more of an idea of my age.)

Got my first MLs, a pair of Ascents, in 2002.

(As mentioned elsewhere, there's both a "What's your age" and "What's your job" in the polling section.)

Old enough to watch Apollo 11 take off from my house in Merritt Island on July 16, 1969. I was 12. Also watched with some of you guys and Walter Cronkite July 20, 1969 as Neil Armstrong made that historic first step on the moon. Buzz Aldrin also walked on the moon on that trip as Pilot Michael Collins circled around and hooked back up with the Lunar Module for the safe trip home.

I'd never even heard Martin Logan or anything about Electrostatic Panel Speakers until I picked up a pair of Montages last Oct. Now I'm hooked, broke and working on my next upgrade thanks to you guys. Guess who has Joey_V's Cary SLP-98 P...

Satch

P.S. Also watched Alan Shepard's first lob into space and Gus Grissom and John Glenn but at that time I was only three and didn't really know what my mom was pointing at.

I'm 24 and bought my Vista's in 2007. I bought my first "serious" speakers when I was 17 and saved up for a pair of Mirages and a Pioneer Elite receiver.

I had to think about it... but I think I have my numbers/ages straight now.

- Joined the site back in August 2005.
- Bought Mosaics that month, I was 23.
- Bought Vantages 4 months later, I was still 23.
- Bought Summits 3 months after that, I was still 23.

Now, I'm 25. :(

I have electronics older than Joey and ekuds but my personal stats are:

Age = 47

First Electrostats = Martin Logan Sequel II's = 1995 (approx)

27 - bought my Aeon's in 2003 and my Ascent i's in 2006. wouldn't mind having Summits in the next year or two. Of course with the market the way it is...good luck!

51 years young. My first Martin Logans were Vantages in 2006. Followed by a pair of Summits a few months later.

I was exposed to the MLs back in 1999. Bought my first and only set in 2005. I am 23.

Just turned 50 this past monday, and been loving and owning ML's since 1992.

Got hooked when I heard a pair of Monoliths at a dealer in 1991. Had to have those speakers..

44 this month.

I have craved a pair of Martin Logans since I lived in Manhattan KS in the mid-90's.

Bought my Vantages in the summer of 2007.

Lee

Turned 52 in December. Bought my 1st pair of stats (Acoustat 3) in 1986. Sold them to buy Snell A3i in 88. Switched to Apogee Divas in '94. Bought another pair of Acoustats for my bedroom in '97. Bought my 1st ML (Logos) in 2002, then bought Scenarios to use with the Divas in an integrated 5.1 system. Bought Aeons when I went to separate audio and video systems in 03. Bought my Summits the end of 06, when I sold my Divas. Guess I am just a planar person.

21. i tihnk im the yougest on this forum and one of the newest ^^

started hi-fi when my dad started which was when i was around 10.

almost my whole familes from uncle to uncle plays with hi fi as a hobbie.

Yup, you just beat me. I am 23 and was 23 when I purchased the Martin Logan Source and Motif. I will probably be 23 when I sell my Sources for Vistas, and 23 or 24 then I sell them for Vantages....so on and so forth.

Ha, welcome to the wide world of audio.

-.- its a relli expensive hoobie to add to that.

Last edited:

Bought my first pair about 4-5 years ago. They were Aeons. Then they were Ascents. Then they were reQuests... and soon they will be Summits :D

Back