Introduction Of New ML Models Too Quick ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is it likely just to be a crossover change and no panel change? Do you know if ML have actually agreed for definite what their plans are on this?

Thanks

I know there will be a crossover change, which does not require shipping the speakers.

I do know that ML cares about their customers and are trying to make the upgrade as painless as possible to their wallets.

Last edited:
My guess (and this is purely uninformed speculation on my part!) is this: ML will make available a crossover upgrade to appease current Summit owners, and they'll also launch a "Summit-X", which will more than just the Summit of old plus the new crossover.

That's my guess, anyway... *shrug*

If I was a betting man The Summit is Dead in the water. They are contemplating an in between the Spire and the CLX. Its not easy as they will have to do a new design. The Summit was not much better if at all than the Spire and they need to make a speaker that is really better than the Spires but does not take away from the potential CLX purchaser. The panel cant be the same as the Spire and have a new X-over and charge $14k . It will have to be a re design or even a MINI CLX type design.

good thing I upgraded to the spires at tweeter before they went out of biz !
for this I am glad Logan comes out whith new models at a fast pace if not I would still have vantages which by the way are great.I was kind of hoping to trade up for the new summit X or whatever they are going to call it but time has run out for tweeter. aside from all the problems they had wich are many it was really nice to be able to bring in your speakers and recieve full credit towards a new pair that kicked A .

Latest posts

Back