Introduction Of New ML Models Too Quick ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, NICE THINKING!!..........that would be cool......REF110s built into the Summit cabinet!

Now we're talking!
I can think of one advantage right off the bat (sic) - no speaker cable. But imagine moving those speakers ! ARC amps are HEAVY !

I don't think you're missing anything, I don't think any of us have any idea of whether or not he really knows anything. (I'm inclined to think not, despite implications to the contrary... last I heard, it sounded like ML had decided not to do an upgrade after all)

Just keep thinking Butch, you're good at that!

Hey, NICE THINKING!!..........that would be cool......REF110s built into the Summit cabinet!

Now we're talking!

Nah. The Ref 110s are stereo, so clearly ML would use the mono Ref 210 (the 610Ts might cause some heat issues). :)

Nah. The Ref 110s are stereo, so clearly ML would use the mono Ref 210 (the 610Ts might cause some heat issues). :)

It's probably more along the lines of that Class-D/T BS thingy that ARC had recently, the 150.2 or something was it?

Did I just commit a big crime by calling an ARC product BS? I've never heard an ARC Class-D amp actually - so I can't comment - the idea just doesn't appeal. Any other ARC product though :drool:

Any other ARC product though :drool:
Yeah, I feel the same about ARC. I was lucky enough to find a pair of ARC monoblocks for $2,000 a few years ago, and of course I have an SP9. I am now lusting over the Ref 3 and the PH7. How come you do not have any ARC stuff? Are the prices in Australia prohibitive?

Are the prices in Australia prohibitive?

I'd love to say prices were prohibitive (and compared to what you pay, they probably are), but alas, that's not the reason. As much as I love ARC products in general, you have to consider all products that are available to you at the time of your purchase. eg. When I purchased my Copland CTA-305 preamp, I compared it to an ARC LS15 and a Classé, amongst other things. At the given price (and with my equipment) it was the Copland that won they day.

So as much as I wanted to take the ARC home because I just loved it, common sense with respect to what would give me the best sound (for my unique situation) had to prevail.

Very envious of your (and others') ARC gear though. I'm sure my next preamp will be an LS-26 after hearing that! Hopefully nothing will come along on purchase day and topple it in the sound quality stakes 'cos I WANT IT! I might also consider a DAC7 one day if "wife" allows it!

Last edited:
At the given price (and with my equipment) it was the Copland that won they day.
Copland does make good stuff. I used to have a Copland tube power amp when I had Quad 57s, and it was a great combination. It just did not have enough power though (50 watts/ch) to drive my SL3's; that's when I bought the ARC's (110 watts/ch).

Now we're talking!

Guess I can forego the upgrade. Have the 110 already!

BTW, on a serious note, I for one, am kind of ticked if the next version of the Summit will not be available as an upgrade. I shelled out ten grand for speakers just a short while ago and now it appears they seem to be about ready to be obsoleted. I haven't thought about other brands for many years, but now I might have to consider that possibility.

Copland does make good stuff. I used to have a Copland tube power amp when I had Quad 57s, and it was a great combination. It just did not have enough power though (50 watts/ch) to drive my SL3's; that's when I bought the ARC's (110 watts/ch).

Yes, I bought my Classé amplifier when I bought 'Logans for the same reason - more power required.

That too, I compared with an ARC VT-60, but the SS grunt of the Classé was more to my liking, and gave very little away in terms of musicality.

So can you see a trend here - try as I might to buy an ARC product, it just doesn't seem to materialise!

So can you see a trend here - try as I might to buy an ARC product, it just doesn't seem to materialise!
There is, of course, the mighty 610T ! No power lacking there !!!

Classé is made about a 2-hour drive away from me, but I am sold on toobs.

I'll know more on this tomorrow, (Friday).

1d26z94ujjttktu6nmo.gif

Great wind up Lex - serious smiles on my face!!!

Sunday? Well?

The only serious piece of info I've been able to get is regarding the crossover upgrade. I would think that would be great news, considering what it would cost to ship the Summit's round-trip to Lawrence.

Stay tuned!

Guess I can forego the upgrade. Have the 110 already!

BTW, on a serious note, I for one, am kind of ticked if the next version of the Summit will not be available as an upgrade. I shelled out ten grand for speakers just a short while ago and now it appears they seem to be about ready to be obsoleted. I haven't thought about other brands for many years, but now I might have to consider that possibility.

Take your finger off the panic button.

The only serious piece of info I've been able to get is regarding the crossover upgrade. I would think that would be great news, considering what it would cost to ship the Summit's round-trip to Lawrence.

Stay tuned!

So is it likely just to be a crossover change and no panel change? Do you know if ML have actually agreed for definite what their plans are on this?

Thanks

Yup. The powers that be at ML are probably laughing at all the panic on this thread re the Summits.

If they're laughing, may I suggest they go back to grad school and get better MBAs. (and a course in human relations, too)

Latest posts

Back