Introduction Of New ML Models Too Quick ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that is the nature of development. At some point you have to draw a line in the sand and go to production. Subsequent to that you think up a new circuit configuration or find a new component that sounds better. Are you going to discard what you have found just so as to not upset the people who have already bought the product ? If there is an opportunity to take to production what you have found, you do so.

Yes, I understand - it's all very well in a perfect world. Maybe I'm cynical or maybe you're naïve, but I just can't help but think reality is more along the lines of "we've got this improved crossover - should we include this in the Summit, or should we leave it for the [Summit X]"? Or "I think we've put enough improvements there for a sale - let's leave the rest of them for the next iteration" etc.

Well, I personally hope the CLX gets revised every 6 months - CLY - CLZ - CLA? (it won't, of course) so 2nd hand values for the CLX become realistic very quickly:D!!! But since no one will buy it at the prices over here, I'll have a job finding a pair anyway.

Then, I'll try and make them work in my 16x12 listening room with some room treatments:D And then realise it was a bad idea, I suspect. Actually, I must measure the room - I am really not sure it is 16x12, come to think of it!

One reason I prefer to buy ML's from my local Tweeter store is they still honor a 100% trade-in value towards an upgraded purchase within one year of purchase. So if I was not happy that something better came along after I made a significant purchase I would get full value on my Summit trade-in towards a pair of CLX. Unfortunately, my Summits are well beyond the one year mark.

While we may not like seeing our newly bought high-end gear get pushed down the line by the next great thing, it does show that ML as a business seems are very adaptable to the market. It also shows they are continuing to innovate and improve. Now if they will make those improvements available for their discontinued models most of us will be very happy including myself. At least they continue to support their older models as much as they can.

Last edited:
Well, I personally hope the CLX gets revised every 6 months - CLY - CLZ - CLA? (it won't, of course) so 2nd hand values for the CLX become realistic very quickly:D!!! But since no one will buy it at the prices over here, I'll have a job finding a pair anyway.

Then, I'll try and make them work in my 16x12 listening room with some room treatments:D And then realise it was a bad idea, I suspect. Actually, I must measure the room - I am really not sure it is 16x12, come to think of it!

That is funny ! We all would be doing the same thing.

That's it. They're replacing the Summit power modules with an ARC amp!:confused:

Why not an ARC amp? :(

Already had the FPB and hence could not change that. Mind you I am very happy with it. The FPB range is very different from the newer Krell amplifiers - much more refined but with huge power and energy.

However the Ref3, CD7 into the Summits is truley special.

So come on, spill the beans as to what you know?!!

Marc.

Sorry but I'm probably missing the point here:confused:
Do you have news or not?

I don't think you're missing anything, I don't think any of us have any idea of whether or not he really knows anything. (I'm inclined to think not, despite implications to the contrary... last I heard, it sounded like ML had decided not to do an upgrade after all)

So I see there's a new Summit in town huh? Summit X.... I'll be looking for this one to hit the first few owners on this forum with anticipation. Wonder what it will look like..

So I see there's a new Summit in town huh? Summit X.... I'll be looking for this one to hit the first few owners on this forum with anticipation. Wonder what it will look like..
Hey Joey, welcome back. What are you listening to these days ?

Latest posts

Back