I matched!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
SWEET!! I just got the memo from the national residency website and I matched!!!

The question is now... where do I go?

BUT, that's not a question to be answered until Thursday. For now, I'll take the successful match and be elated until Thursday when anxiety hits again and we open the envelopes listing where we go for residency.

Wish me luck again, fellow Loganites!

:rocker::rocker::D:music:

Way to go Joey! Maybe Florida?

Thanks again for the Cary SLP 98p it really sounds sweet! :) :) :)

Satch

Goof for you Joey. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, although I know it was your diligence and hard work that are bringing it about. Well done!

Awesome Joey! My fiance is about to finish her third year of residency so we are deciding on where to go for her! It very exciting time (for her and yours) so we know what it's like! Congrats to you!
Where did you get matched to?

Last edited:
Well done Joey, you just passed another milestone on the way to success and hopefully happiness, too. Congratulations, and best wishes!

Way to go Joey! What is the residency program? I presume you know that much but not the exact location... Do I have that right?

Best,

Woo Hoo!

Congratulations and good luck Joey. Get used to those sleepless nights on your feet for most of it! :D

Congrats Joey!

I guess this means we can look forward to a thread about how to pack and move Sumits and all your other gear.

You did keep the boxes, right? ;)

Seriously though, best wishes on the new location.

I'm with Tom. You have my sincerest congratulations, while not knowing what 'matched' means here! :bowdown:

I thought he was trying internet dating but I think it has something to do with his med school.

Anyway...Congratulations.

Getting "Matched" is when you apply for residency during your fourth year of medical school. If you "matched" it means that you got accepted to a program that you applied to.

Joey- are you MD or DO? Sry if you have said before but I missed it, just curious.
Nik

Hey fellas!

Thanks THANKS THANKS for the congrats! Matched means I matched to a residency program on my rank list (ranked 17 EM programs).

Tomorrow at noon central, I figure out the exact program that I matched to... anxious/scared/antsy all at the same time.

Atleast I matched.... worst case scenario.

I wanna stay in Chicago, so we'll see.... I'll update tomorrow! Wish me luck!!

;)

PS Nik- MD.

Many congrats, Joey

From what I know of Joey and is past, the 1st thing coming to mind with "matching" has to do with how Joey can "match" the TT, preamp, (tube) amplifier (hint, hint), and the Summits :D The 2nd meaning of residency matching is just a way for him to feed...Joeyitis ;) All kidding aside, congratulations on the 1st major step in your medical career.

Spike

From what I know of Joey and is past, the 1st thing coming to mind with "matching" has to do with how Joey can "match" the TT............
Joey does not "match" turntables to anything; he just flirts with them, then casts them aside once the first blush has worn off !!

Back