Help clsiiz

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattner

Reaction score
Man I'm dumb ,sorry guys ,I need help when placing my clsiiz is the bass panel Wider edge panel ,inside or out ? Thx

The following information from Stereophile magazine:

“The CLS2A are not identical. Each set is actually a mirror-imaged pair. The manual suggests setting them up with the wider outside sections toward the side walls of the room, but goes on to say that this is not mandatory.

Based upon my listening, I would say the suggested setup is indeed mandatory.

With the larger vertical sections towards the inside, residual panel resonances were more obvious, the resultant performance significantly less realistic. I heard more of the speaker with the larger sections toward the inside.

With these vertical sections toward the side walls, the sounds of the panels themselves were less obvious, the speakers’ performed significantly improved.”

The CLS2A vertical panels seem similar to CLS2z. Though the center panel is different from CLS2z. I never owned a CLS2z. Therefore I do not have direct experience. My knowledge of CLS variants based on the info. I have read about them over the years.

The above info. based on Stereophile author's experience with CLS2A. I hope the same can be asserted about CLS2z though 2z has different center panel section. Hope i have not misled you.

Have fun listening to music!:music:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct M15. The panel orientation is the same. I had 2A's and 2Z's in my room at the same time and the only significant difference I noticed was much more low end with the 2A's

Ok so the wider side of the verticals towards the outside and the narrow vertical towards the center ,correct ?. I lost my beautiful fattner said audio room cause we had to move ( wife got a job at UCDaivs as surgical RN ,renting for now until our home sells !! I have my Mac stuff /clsiiz / balance force 210 / Marantz Tt !!!all in a 10x10 room I'm sad ,but at least I know it not for ever !! Ps is there anyway to get that clsiiz magic in a very small room ,I know they need to breath !! Help

Ok so the wider side of the verticals towards the outside and the narrow vertical towards the center ,correct ?. I lost my beautiful fattner said audio room cause we had to move ( wife got a job at UCDaivs as surgical RN ,renting for now until our home sells !! I have my Mac stuff /clsiiz / balance force 210 / Marantz Tt !!!all in a 10x10 room I'm sad ,but at least I know it not for ever !! Ps is there anyway to get that clsiiz magic in a very small room ,I know they need to breath !! Help

CLSiiz's, Small room, no problem!
And driven by an 8 watt 300B SET to boot! Okay, with a Plinius SA100Mk3 as a backup.
Take heart, you'll survive. I'm permanently downsized. Quit your complaining :)

Last edited:
R
CLSiiz's, Small room, no problem!
And driven by an 8 watt 300B SET to boot! Okay, with a Plinius SA100Mk3 as a backup.
Take heart, you'll survive. I'm permanently downsized. Quit your complaining :)

Ok ,love your speaker stands ,did that make a big difference? Where did you get them and what the cost

R

Ok ,love your speaker stands ,did that make a big difference? Where did you get them and what the cost

Those are the Arcici stands...no longer produced, but they were very popular with CLS' owners at one time...and yes, they did make a difference helping to control frame vibrations as well as getting the panels up off the floor to ear level. I had to sell those when I downsized in retirement and lost my large listening room. Happy to hear you found a pair you like...keep 'em, as they're irreplaceable

Back