help a potential new Martin Logan owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
about the age: technically purchased them a month before i turned 22 (so this recent january)...im pretty sure i have seen younger...but its kinda cool knowing im among the youngest:cool:...anyway back to the point of the thread (i think).

Youngest I saw was a 14y/o here who got a hand me down either Monolith or Oddysey from his parents. :D

Youngest ever was a 12y/o kid who got a pair of Wilson Maxx2 from my local hi-end dealer for his birthday. :eek: :eek:

Youngest ever was a 12y/o kid who got a pair of Wilson Maxx2 from my local hi-end dealer for his birthday. :eek: :eek:

That poor kid is ruined for life. Imagine when he grows up, gets out on his own, and gets bitten by joeyitis. Trying to upgrade from Wilson Maxx2's is going to be no easy feat. He is going to have to get ML to make him a special pair of custom Statements.

That poor kid is ruined for life. Imagine when he grows up, gets out on his own, and gets bitten by joeyitis. Trying to upgrade from Wilson Maxx2's is going to be no easy feat. He is going to have to get ML to make him a special pair of custom Statements.

Hah! The kid is I bet one of those trustfund babies... he's got more money than anyone could care to have!

Did I mention he got Halcro monoblocks to go with the Maxx2s? :eek: :cheers:

I just got a new receiver. I bought a pioneer elite VSX-81TXV. I only have it hooked up to my two omnisat's, but it sounds good anyways.

Now I just have to buy more speakers.

Reviving an older post.

I have been doing some research on speakers to use with my new receiver, and I need some help. My elite receiver is rated at 8 and 6 ohms, but the montages and fresco are five ohms.

The claritys are 6ohm, but it looks like they require more power than my reciever has. The montages are closer to what I have for power, but they are a lower ohm rating.

If I went with the montages would my receiver overheat or get damaged? If I went with the claritys would they sound good even though my receiver is only giving them a little over 100w?

Your receiver will most likely shut down by itself before any damage is done to it, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm sure it will power your speakers adequately for now. You can always upgrade the receiver or get an external amp for the speakers later on.

Good Luck!

Tom.

Reviving an older post.

I have been doing some research on speakers to use with my new receiver, and I need some help. My elite receiver is rated at 8 and 6 ohms, but the montages and fresco are five ohms.

The claritys are 6ohm, but it looks like they require more power than my reciever has. The montages are closer to what I have for power, but they are a lower ohm rating.

If I went with the montages would my receiver overheat or get damaged? If I went with the claritys would they sound good even though my receiver is only giving them a little over 100w?

I'm using a marantz 5600 receiver, 90 wpc at 8 ohm, and is only rated down to 6 ohm. The Mosaics and Fresco I have are both 5 ohm and the Titan's are 8 ohms. So far I have not had any problems with heat unless I let it go for hours and hours, and even then it is only just warm to the touch. I contacted Marantz with my concerns and got a response back that they guaranteed it would work just fine with that setup without any problems. So if you are worried contact Pioneer and they will give you the lowdown on it, if it is safe or not.

-capT

Reviving an older post.

You'll be fine either way.

Latest posts

Back