Hello!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yacine

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and just moved to Lawrence, KS, the home of MartinLogan! I have heard a pair of CLS got hooked! I am looking to buy a used pair but in perfect condition, at a reasonable price.
I appreciate any help or advice!

Welcome, good luck with your CLS acqusition....a great speaker for sure !

All right beek! How bout in a "good condition"? Actually, I have found a pair but they need their panels repaired for US $1500. The total cost of the pair with the fix will be US $3500. Are they worth the price? Any feedback is appreciated!

Welcome to the forum! You should be able to find a working pair for $1800 - $2200 depending on the model. I'd go for the last generation of CLS IIz's. I think new panels run $1600 a pair.

I don't remember the price of the IIz's you gotta fact in shipping,boxing etc. I remember hearing the first version & flipped out. You may wanna factor in subs too. I think when all this goes together cash wise you should consider a new pair of the smaller units,easier to drive. Sure others will chime in this is a friendly & helpful group.

Thanks churchill! I hope I will find a working pair at the price range you suggest! As the for the new panels, I actually called Martinlogan last week and said they will replace/fix them for $1500 a pair. That said, some other guy who has a business fixing ESLs told me he would do the job at less than $500!
Great audio system you have there, by the way!

Beek! Weel, I think I had a similar experience of your's when I heard the CLS II! Yes. definitely, I should factor the shipping and handling. Subs, is another matter. But, even with that, I will go with a pair of CLS II... Tough, you would tell me. It is love at first hearing!.. And sight too, btw!

Thanks churchill! I hope I will find a working pair at the price range you suggest! As the for the new panels, I actually called Martinlogan last week and said they will replace/fix them for $1500 a pair. That said, some other guy who has a business fixing ESLs told me he would do the job at less than $500!
Great audio system you have there, by the way!

very cool seems like you aced, does this guy do other stats?

Latest posts

Back