Hello; thanks for "shower" tip!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've had SL3s since 1997 and have enjoyed them very much... until lately. I hadn't done any critical listening on them for some time and recently I sat down to listen and something was wrong. It just wasn't right.

I switched components and cables I had laying around, but nothing helped. I went on a search and found this site and read most every forum. When I found the shower tip I was a little hesitant to give my panels a shower.

Finally, I decided it was worth a try and after a nice long shower for each panel and 24 hours of drying I put the speakers back together. I hooked up the amps and closely watched the lights on the amps as I powered them up. No ugliness there, so I choose some music and turned it on.

The sound was absolutely horrible! What had I done!!

After realizing that I hooked up the jumper cables incorrectly and fixed that I was actually startled by the sound. The music I had been listening too lately as a reference amazed me with how much better it sounded.

I am really amazed by how much of an improvement it is.

Thanks!

Did you try vacuuming them first, or just go straight for the shower?

I had vacuumed them, but that did not help. They live very close to the kitchen and I'm sure the kitchen oils and such had accumulated on the panels.

None of the internal connections had any oxidation at all, which surprised me a little.

Now I'm looking for a cheap and easy speaker cover that does not involve any sewing.

I had vacuumed them, but that did not help. They live very close to the kitchen and I'm sure the kitchen oils and such had accumulated on the panels.

None of the internal connections had any oxidation at all, which surprised me a little.

Now I'm looking for a cheap and easy speaker cover that does not involve any sewing.

Someone on the forum was making them some time ago - not sure if he still is.

Back