Hello from Avon, CT

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Reaction score
I'm a long time Martin Logan owner, I've had a pair of Sequel II for almost 20 years now. I just moved and am experiencing a loss of my crisp clear highs I hope I didn't damage them while moving, it may be time for new panels?

I'm a long time Martin Logan owner, I've had a pair of Sequel II for almost 20 years now. I just moved and am experiencing a loss of my crisp clear highs I hope I didn't damage them while moving, it may be time for new panels?

Welcome ! 20 years is mighty good service ! while your panels may indeed need to be re-done my first guess is that 'your move' and the subsequent new listening enviroment has changed your perception of those 'crisp clear highs' !

Problem solved, weird one too. It seems my speaker wires (Audio Quest Midnight) have a "burned in" memory. I switched the speaker wires from left to right and all is right again. I knew the wires had a amp and speaker end, which I kept straight, but I was unaware they needed to be used with the same speaker every time.

Problem solved, weird one too. It seems my speaker wires (Audio Quest Midnight) have a "burned in" memory. I switched the speaker wires from left to right and all is right again. I knew the wires had a amp and speaker end, which I kept straight, but I was unaware they needed to be used with the same speaker every time.

That's quite unlikely. You probably just had some oxidation or a loose connection which was addressed when switching cables. Enjoy!

Back