Hello everyone

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saif

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am planning on getting an ML system, for mainly movies and gaming, but to be honest am new to the whole home theater idea so am a total noob. So I want know if I can fit the ML ESL into a 7000$ Budget, and is the ESL an overkill? And if yes should I go for the Motion 40 in stead? That shop also sells Paradigm systems so if you can help with your knowledge I would really appreciate it, all I really care for is to have a better sound system the Bose 650.

Oh and one more thing is there a big difference between FX and FX2?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions

Saif

Last edited:
First off, welcome Saif !

As for the ESL in your budget, without question, depending on what else you will need ?? I'm assuming your starting from scratch and will need a minimum 5.1 set up ? Either way you can do it. How about your room size ? Are willing to go used on any or all of your needs ?

First off, welcome Saif !

As for the ESL in your budget, without question, depending on what else you will need ?? I'm assuming your starting from scratch and will need a minimum 5.1 set up ? Either way you can do it. How about your room size ? Are willing to go used on any or all of your needs ?

Thank you for your welcome. Yes am starting from zero and am looking into a 7.1.4 system. My room is not that big it’s (4x4.3 meter square) sorry for not mentioning this from the beginning. I’d really rather go for a fresh out of the box items.

So I came back from that store and the owner recommended that I go for the motion 40 and motion 50xt for the front and the motion FX for the surroundings. As for the atmos he recommended a brand called Craft. I asked him if they got ML ceiling speakers and if the FX2 is a better upgrade than the FX, but he didn’t give me a solid answer.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back