Have new Vista's...Need new girlfriend...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 1.6 with the Mye stands filled with fish tAnk gravel & MMG. The maggies are a bit more romantic & have better vert. Dispersion but do not have the stage & transiet ability of the ML 'S
N

Thanks Bill ... i agree about the vertical dispersion. I listened to the Maggie 3.7 and loved the fact that whether i was sitting or standing, the imaging remained stable and didn't collapse. Some of us like to listen to music both sitting and standing up doing other stuff.

Though it was power hungry, that wasn't a problem for me as i have Sunfire 400W, 7-channel amplifier. But i loved the narrower ML Ethos which would fit better in my apartment than the Maggies. I ended up buying the new Spires as the dealer offered them to me for less than the Ethos. But the vertical dispersion of the Spires doesn't compare to that of the Maggies. I'm looking into raising the Spires into a 1-foot high platform and hope that would help(?). The Spires are tilted as forward as is practical.

No idea what to do? I would have pulverised him. Dead set. I'd probably end up in gaol, but honesly - I wouldn't be responsible for what I did.

Part of being a friend is having respect for your mutual friends' house. If you clearly don't have that, then you're not a friend - what was he doing in the owner's house in the first place?

Yes I heard a Exotic French amp will do that to you..

Thanks Bill ... i agree about the vertical dispersion. I listened to the Maggie 3.7 and loved the fact that whether i was sitting or standing, the imaging remained stable and didn't collapse. Some of us like to listen to music both sitting and standing up doing other stuff.

Though it was power hungry, that wasn't a problem for me as i have Sunfire 400W, 7-channel amplifier. But i loved the narrower ML Ethos which would fit better in my :ROFL::ROFL:apartment than the Maggies. I ended up buying the new Spires as the dealer offered them to me for less than the Ethos. But the vertical dispersion of the Spires doesn't compare to that of the Maggies. I'm looking into raising the Spires into a 1-foot high platform and hope that would help(?). The Spires are tilted as forward as is practical.

I took my Vistas up 4 in & love it, I experimented with more but dident care for the bottom. I think there is a Spire owner out here
that put his ML on 4in. Of Maple block.

Dual Grotto Subs

I purchased a set of used vistas three months ago. The orginal owner had them for 2 years prior and very rarely used them. I hooked them up with my dual grottos and what a differance it made. I dropped the levels down a little and they blend well. As for the power I am using my Marantz MM8003 and the speakers are bi-amped. What a differance bi amping made.:music:

Dont let them in let them listen to Bose in the back yard

When the cake was gone came the cry of "Let them hear BOSE"! This was heard throughout the land as Dr guillotine sharpened his blade!

Back