New ML Dealer needs help....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitenoise

Reaction score
Hello

Let me introduce myself as a new dealer of A/V products in India.

Its just an year old dealership and I have lot to learn in terms of products and the A/V market.

We have been dealing with importers who deal in the following products.

Electronics:

Anthem, Densen, Denon, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Vincent.

Speakers:

Anthony Gallo, Dali, Elac, JBL, Paradigm, Polk, Martin Logan, Zingali.

Cables:

AudioQuest & Structure Cable Products.

I had a meeting with the ML importers and now want to have the Electromotion ESL for demo at the showroom.

There are a few space limitations that I am facing.

We have a small HTIB room of 14x10 which houses HTIB package products from JBL, Onkyo, Denon. This room is more like a small padded room - dry walls, lots of absorptive material and diffusing patterns. Although placing the ESL's in this room will be too much for the room, and the speakers will dominate this space visually too.

Our bigger demo theater of 20 x 15 is still raw and we shall develop this space by the end of this year.

Till them we need to have these speakers on demo in the lounge. We have a cosy stereo corner for this purpose.

The problem is that there would be just 14" of space left behind the ESL panels and 24" on the sides.

I need to know what kind of response to expect from these speakers in such a position.

Although there is wooden panneling behing the speakers i dont think it would help much in absorption or diffusion of the rear waves.

Should We wait for another year till the bigger room is done and then have these in demo, or should I not waste time and keep them in demo even if they wont sound the way they are meant to??

I also need to know what Integrated Amplifiers to use from the following brands we deal in.

Anthem, Denon, Densen, Onkyo, Vincent.

I am not planning to go the Pre/Power route as we want to introduce this setup with budget constrains.

Shall try to attach pictures of the showroom in the next post.

All help will be appreciated as we are pretty new to this biz and need lots of guidance from all directions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards to all.:bowdown:

Fenil Mehta
White Noise
Sound & Acoustic Designs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few pictures of the space...

245lf85.jpg

zlf76c.jpg

28i9kk2.jpg

9zrjth.jpg

2vd4t1e.jpg

Please reply with your suggestions and advice.

Thanks.

I've removed your url from your signature because advertising is not allowed on the site and moved this post the proper forum. There is tons of information here regarding the questions you pose. Positioning is everything with any dipole speaker as is proper amplification.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.. Sorry for mentioning the url in my signature..

So I guess it means I should not sell ML until I create proper space for It in the showroom ???

Whenever I have heard them they were in bigger spaces, and never in tight ones.

I understand they would not sound the way they ought to ... But would they sound at least convincing enough to sell them to someone who has never been exposed to such speakers ? cause that's the kind of market I am in.

Thanks again.

Fenil

Last edited:
You will have very blurred imaging from the early arriving reflections. All you can really do is set them up and try it, but if you're going to put them that close to the wall you should really try to put absorbption behind them - even if it is something temporary.

Back