First disc of 2008

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
First a Happy new year to all.

What was your first pick for 2008?

Mark Knopfler here Kill to get Crimson. Very well done.

Attachments

• killl.jpg
    killl.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 162
Morning Runner - Wilderness is Paradise Now

2006 release from a UK bank. Very much like Travis, Coldplay, Keane. I like it.

Attachments

• front (Small).jpg
    front (Small).jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 155
An oldie from 1993/94

Hugh Masekela- <I>Hope</I>. A live performance from the club <I> Blues Alley</I>, Washington D. C. An amazingly dynamic and very well recorded in analog. I continue to search for the LP release at a reasonable price.

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 143
First a Happy new year to all.

What was your first pick for 2008?

Mark Knopfler here Kill to get Crimson. Very well done.

You know how I feel about Mark Knopfler ! Tell me how it is Ken.

I didnt buy anything yet ! But I did listen to the MTV live Counting Crows album for kicks . It is as Good of a live recording as it gets !

My first pick was "Couldn't Stand The Weather", by SRV. I never thought the recording on the CD was as good as it could have been. When I first listened to the vinyl version I was floored! I don't know if it is the mastering or what, and I don't want to start a CD vs vinyl war, as I listen to both, but in this instance, with my gear, the vinyl is so much better it is startling.
238757174-S.jpg

My first pick was "Couldn't Stand The Weather", by SRV. I never thought the recording on the CD was as good as it could have been. When I first listened to the vinyl version I was floored! I don't know if it is the mastering or what, and I don't want to start a CD vs vinyl war, as I listen to both, but in this instance, with my gear, the vinyl is so much better it is startling.
238757174-S.jpg

The difference is amazing isn't it?

If you like this album, get the speakers corner version from
Acoustic Sounds, its even better!

My first record of the year was the In Rainbows LP from
Radiohead that finally arrived on New Years Eve....

It waw a nice surprise because I ordered it about three months
ago and had forgotten about it!!

If you like this album, get the speakers corner version from
Acoustic Sounds, its even better!

My first record of the year was the In Rainbows LP from
Radiohead that finally arrived on New Years Eve....

It waw a nice surprise because I ordered it about three months
ago and had forgotten about it!!

Another great CD from Radiohead. I got it online thru the Radiohead website.. Only 160 bps, but good enuff for now. I didn't know they were selling the actual CD yet.

Another great CD from Radiohead. I got it online thru the Radiohead website.. Only 160 bps, but good enuff for now. I didn't know they were selling the actual CD yet.

I don't think they are selling the CD yet. I'd heard it was available on-line for whatever price you wanted to pay for it, then the LP would be available (apparently now) off of the Radiohead website and "select distributors", and finally the CD in mass market stores sometime this spring.

I've only heard the sh!TT* sounding downloads; jonesing for the LP now.

Well, I did it too, got the new Radiohead on LP from one of my local vinyl haunts. I was wrong above, the CD is out too. If you're a fan at all, don't hesitate - buy it. It's a GREAT album. I also picked up the new Sigur Ros double album "Hvarf-Heim"; another stunning effort from them as well!

Attachments

• RadioheadInRainbows.jpg
    RadioheadInRainbows.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 50
  • sigur ros Heim.jpg
    sigur ros Heim.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 49
Back