Finally! Patience pays off!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Finally! My next puzzle piece will arrive at the end of the week! I ordered this about 4 weeks ago and they were sold out until now.... well... looks like Joey is going to be busy this weekend!

:) :D
Joey

HA!!! You just couldn't handle all those MLC members upgrading all around you. Couldn't take it any more. You must have . . . JOEYITIS!!!!!!

P.S. (Audio): congrats on your new DAC purchase.

Joey,

With all the changes you have done in the past 6 months I know I want to listen to your system more so than mine. :rocker:

How do you spell relief?

Hey Joey,
The next time you feel an on-slaught of...Joey-itis, take a look at this one (and its price-tag!) :D

From CES 2007 Show Report...

Vladimir Lamm began the design work on his single-ended ML3 Signature mono amps over 20 years ago. Each two-chassis amp uses a dozen tubes, including the virtually unknown GM70, to produce 32 triode watts. The GM70's plate dissipation is a massive 125 watts. The amps were on silent display, and until they start making music, their price will be what draws attention: a cool $126,290 per pair.

Yes, the ML3 Signature amps, at $126, 290 per pair, are wildly, outrageously expensive, but they were not created with all audiophiles in mind. They are extreme luxury items for those listeners who can afford any piece of audio gear they want. Vladimir told me that he already has orders for eight pairs. Like most talented audio engineers, he has a loyal following, including people who simply want to own the best products he can make. From what I heard on the last afternoon of the CES, a single ML3 Signature displayed the great promise required to fill this bill
....Marc Mickelson, [email protected]

Attachments

• Lamm ml3.jpg
    Lamm ml3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 265
Congratulations!

Joey,

It's about time your new Benchmark DAC arrived... ;)
I think it will be a splendid addition to your already superb Summit system. :D

Thanks for the well wishes and funny comments as always everybody!!! :D

I got the tracking number.... April 9th, baby!!! :eek:

Joey,

It's about time your new Benchmark DAC arrived... ;)
I think it will be a splendid addition to your already superb Summit system.

Robin,
It's not a Benchmark...... :p ;) .

Joey

I just found an excerpt of a review of the PS Audio DAC in The Absolute Sound, where the reviewer said:

". . . the DAC has an almost frightening level of detail, dimensionality and impact."

Joey - I can't wait to see what your impressions are!

Last edited:
I just found an excerpt of a review of the PS Audio DAC in The Absolute Sound, where the reviewer said:

". . . the DAC has an almost frightening level of detail, dimensionality and impact."

Joey - I can't wait to see what your impressions are!

I'll try my best to put it in words, Rob! :)

Joey, Well congrats on the 'pending' arrival ! Now that it appears you have your digital end all in order I suppose the VPI Turntable is just around the corner !! ??

I do expect an audition when I'm out your way later this year !!!

Joey, Well congrats on the 'pending' arrival ! Now that it appears you have your digital end all in order I suppose the VPI Turntable is just around the corner !! ??

I do expect an audition when I'm out your way later this year !!!

I agree Dave.. the digital end is nearing satisfaction. Although I wouldn't exactly call it done, but it's definitely at a level where I feel I'm "ok"...

Yes, the VPI has got to be up there on the "to-do" list....

And yes, you gotta come by my friend!

Joey, are you planning on using the USB input on the DLIII? If so, maybe you can compare it to SPDIF...say run your PC both ways into the DAC and see if you can tell a difference. Please? :)

From what I can gather after hours of research and reading, is that Steve Nugent at Empirical is the KING if USB and PC audio as a dedicated source. His Formula One DAC will be finished sometime this year, and although the price is rumored to be between $7-10k, it will likely be the end-all for anyone desiring to use their PC or Mac as a dedicated source in any high end rig.

But I would like to see if you can hear any differences on the PS Audio unit...so take some time at your leisure to play around with all the functions of the DAC and make a full report. :)

Any thoughts on modding your SB3 if you havent already? I was browsing at Bolder's site and you can spend a wad of $$$ on those things. :)

Well, April 9 has come and gone?

Apparently, when you have rotations with people who do not care for your personal life and keep you in the hospital until 6p with full knowledge that they want you here at 5:20am..... Joey finds it difficult to come home and get the newly arrived DAC out into the rack...

:( :( :(

Joey = sad.

Latest posts

Back