Finally Arrived!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel L.

Reaction score
I am happy to say that I am the new owner of a pair of ML's Aerius i, I picked up Craig's list. I have always wanted a pair of ML's but could never afford a new set. I am truly amazed on the quality and technology behind this product. The gentleman who had the speakers before me was the original owner and took great care of them. They are in near perfect condition and sound amazing. I am going to enjoy listening to my library all over again, especially since I gave up my old AR 1's for a set of Artison's to please the aesthetic side. Let me say, "NEVER AGAIN" will the aesthetic side prevail. Gentlemen, put your pants on regain the living room with huge towers and enjoy music and movies the way they were supposed to be listened to (LOUD and CLEAR).

I am glad you are having fun Angel. If you like the Aerius, wait until you upgrade to the most recent models such as Theos. You will be blown away. Be forewarned, the upgrade itch will kick in soon. What kind of upstream electroncis are you using? MLs come to life when backed up by great equipment. In the mean time, enjoy your music with the lady of the house.

Last edited:
enjoy your music with the lady of the house.

That's the best part, THE LADY IS GONE and its all mine... HAHAHAHa I will be enjoying with friends and family and multiple ladies for now. As for the HIFI itch, I am afraid its chronic condition going back to middle school. I don't think it will ever grow old, but I do see myself going with Emotiva pre/pro and amp sooner than later. I can only imagine Theos in the front and Aerius for rears. For now I am in heaven with the current setup, the Artison's as center prove quite worthy when listening to multi channel music and movies. Now I am considering improving my stereo full range with the addition of two ML subs. I just do not know if to hook up LFE only or use the R/L on the AVR to the sub in addition to the LFE. My Pioneer BDP has really good DAC's but I am using HDMI, I am also considering using the analog on the BDP as well for stereo or both, not sure? What a great problem to have, all I know is I am watching Pink Floyd "The Wall" tonight and my lady wont be there to tell me to turn it down... (YESSS)

I am glad you are having fun Angel. If you like the Aerius, wait until you upgrade to the most recent models such as Theos. You will be blown away. Be forewarned, the upgrade itch will kick in soon. What kind of upstream electroncis are you using? MLs come to life when backed up by great equipment. In the mean time, enjoy your music with the lady of the house.

Don't be fooled. Newer ML models are not that much of an improvement over older models, and in some ways are a step back. Mostly what you get is better integration of the woofers with the panels and slightly more neutral overall tone. But you give up a heavier, more stable speaker base and a larger ELS panel. You will most likely get a lot more bang for your buck by keeping the Aerius and upgrading your electronics than you would keeping your current electronics and upgrading to the Theos.

Thanks Rich, I am not planning on upgrading my speakers, I think I am in HIFI Nirvana right now. My set up is on the older end, but really good when I got it back in 2006. It goes as follows:

Pioneer PDP 6070
Pioneer Elite VSX 82 AVR @130 watts@8ohms (Drives my Aerius just fine for now) although I need to vent the cabinet, gets really hot during long jam sessions
Pioneer BDP 51fd (Burr Brown DAC's) (I really want to enable them)
Artison's Portrait's LCR connected in series/parallel for center only
Artison's LRS surrounds
ML Aerius i bi amped
ML Abyss
ML Dynamo 300
Wire world cables

Back