Emm xds1?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After meeting the EMM crew at RMAF, I said Hello No. I bought an AURALiC Vega. Couldn't be happier.

Yep, I also went with the AURALiC Vega myself and similarly, couldn't be happier. It's a great piece of equipment.

What's wrong with the EMM crew?

Personally, I found them rude. Enough so I walked out and purchased elsewhere. Yeah, I'll never buy from them. Not a good experience.

Justin, I know that there have a been a number of improvements made to The Lampizator. In what areas were the improvements? Was the output stage left untouched, and improvements made in other areas, or were there improvements made throughout ?

That begs the question: would a triode buffer stage improve the sound, or has the damage already been done? I know that Roberto uses a Sonic Frontiers SFL1 as a buffer stage, but theoretically, if you're feeding into a valve preamp you should not need a valve buffer stage.

Kedar has covered it really, Bernard.

I have a very high quality passive pre and I prefer to use an active valve pre - even with the triode output stage'd Lampi.

It is quite a tuneable DAC WRT swapping in various different large triodes with has a more profound effect on the sonics than swapping in various smaller dual triodes in the lower end Lampis. These are close on the best triodes ever made - 2A3, 300B, 6A3, 101D, VT-52 etc. Sure they have poor technical specs and although measured distortion may be high it absolutely 100% does NOT sound like it. The B7 actually sounds markedly clean. This defies logic but may just be due to even order harmonics. I expect it probably is. It just has a very beguiling distortion signature is what I expect it boils down to. I'm just guessing though really. I bet even it's maker doesn't really know why it sounds as good as it does he just got there by trial and error!

Back