Election: Who's the winner and when will it be called

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is you and others can no longer use HRC as the whipping post. DT supporters need to accept the fact that they can no longer live in the past and have to move on.

and to that I hope and pray they (we) all do. As for living in the past Gordon lets not forget all those that have and continue to blame 'W' for just about everything. Granted, he was deserving of a lot of it ........

timm, actually it was 70% from what I saw. Wyoming is the reddest of the red states.

Teton County (where I live) is the only County I believe that voted for HRC.

And thank you for apologizing for Kevin's personal insults. Too bad he won't do the same. Anger, anger, anger.

Gordon

Well I live in Ann Arbor - a very liberal town. And even though I consider myself moderate I understand your feelings as 7 out of 10 people that surround you may not agree with your views. In any case I don't think many ML owners are out creating crazy. This isn't the masses - it is the fringe. What is upsetting is when I feel the media does nothing other than to excite this fringe for another news story. There are plenty of ways to position statements. But to call the election 'White Lash' as they did on CNN. Now I find that 'deplorable'

Another unfounded, totally false accusation with no basis in truth.

Any more innuendo / rumors you would like to accuse me of.

Another predictable, robotic response. You are very well trained.

Kevin, try to be a person who is willing to apologize for your untrue accusations.

Untrue accusations?? Robert Creamer of Democracy Partners and Scott Foval of Americans United for Change were caught on tape discussing how they paid people to show up at Trump rallies to purposely antagonize Trump supporters into lashing out in front of the cameras. Once exposed, they then said they were talking only "hypothetically" about paying protesters, but Mr. Creamer subsequently resigned from his position and Scott Foval was fired from his. But hey, maybe they didn't really do it, maybe they just enjoy discussing hypotheticals and then losing their jobs as a result. And maybe Donna Brazile is being truthful when she says she didn't provide Hillary with debate questions against Bernie, despite a number of emails showing unequivocally that she did just that. ???

No, I don't think you would throw bricks or burn the flag Gordon, and I was only making a 'tongue in cheek' suggestion of it, I thought that was plain to see. My apologies if it was not. I don't think there is a protest going on within several hundred miles of your location. But there were plenty of posts on this site about racists and violent Trump supporters, and I could pull up one post on here by an individual saying that said in his opinion you have to be racist yourself to be a Trump supporter. I didn't get bent out of shape about it, I just suggested how they might think that statement over again. But it is ironic, with all the prior talk of Trump rally violence in the past. With the news media within the last couple of days of the election asking "will Trump supporters riot if he loses?" (I can provide links to the articles if needed)- that in the end, it seems to be the democratic supporters that have done almost all the vandalizing and rioting, both now and in the past. But despite all the anchors discussing Trump violence for days on end, they currently seem to find other topics more appealing, now that it is Hillary supporters that are the one's breaking windows, smashing vehicles, burning flags and beating up innocent people. Why was it only news when Trump was the one being blamed for the violence?

This is what I don't understand about Obama. He was quick to make a statement about the policeman acting "stupidly" in the professor arrest, before even the facts were known. He has been quick to make statements in such cases as the Michael Brown shooting. Wouldn't you think he would come out with a statement to the press asking the protesters to be peaceful? Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it. Before this gets out of hand, you would think the President would come out with a statement- as he had been quick to do so as mentioned in the incidences above.

No, I don't think you would throw bricks or burn the flag Gordon, and I was only making a 'tongue in cheek' suggestion of it, I thought that was plain to see.

Thank you Kevin.

And the violence and rioting is just wrong and unacceptable. Period.

Best,

Gordon

timm,

My sense is that Ann Arbor (a town I really like) is much like Jackson which is like a small island within the greater landscape of Wyoming.

I really hope you are right about the "fringe" element but my gut tells me different.

Best,

Gordon

Thank you Kevin.

And the violence and rioting is just wrong and unacceptable. Period.

Best,

Gordon

No problem Gordon, I really didn't mean for you to take it seriously. That is the problem with reading text, you don't 'hear' the intent- I guess that is what the emojis are for. Long day at work, I think I'll go home now for a couple of beers and a good smoke.... again. :D

I think I'll go home now for a couple of beers and a good smoke.... again. :D

Hey Kevin, so tell me....... what constitutes a 'good smoke' ? Are you a cigar smoker ? if so, we need to start another thread because cigars, like good Whisky are a passion of mine.

Ha, no not cigars, although I'll smoke one on a camping trip with the guys here and there. The smoke I like is the one states seem to be legalizing. I succumbed to peer pressure from cousins and friends about the end of high school and never had a good reason to quit since then. Not a big user, maybe once a week on average, sometimes more if I go on a fishing or camping trip or something. Never felt like it did me any harm, but I hope my daughter stays away from it. I wouldn't necessarily say it's completely harmless in all situations. But neither is alcohol. To each his own, I'm a bit of a libertarian.

I do enjoy whiskey. I like beer better during the summertime, but start transitioning more towards whiskey about this time of the year. Nothing better than sitting in front of the fireplace while sipping on a glass of whiskey.

I think we have always been almost as divided in term of political differences. What has been lost is civility, and I think a lot of the blame for that is due to electronic media. Isn't much easier for me to sit here and call Mark a bunch of names than it would be if we were to meet at a function and discussing our views face to face? I think once people get heated and upset on the computer, it then carries over to some of their in person encounters as well. I think a lot of these protests you see going on in the streets would not have occurred in the same numbers prior to electronic media. Not that protest didn't occur prior to the computer, but it wasn't nearly as easy or quick to be able get the word out that a protest was going to take place.
Great observation Kevin. Very true. It reminds me of a time I and others in my group used to have frequent conference calls with a group in a large US organization. There was one American whom we all had trouble understanding, so it was frustrating working with him. Then we had a face-to-face meeting, and after that there was no trouble understanding him, and it was easy to work with him. Strange but true.

Power chords? Must be an inside joke or something I need to go to Colorado to give a try.

Kevin,

We agree again. Things are looking up.

Now the next big question is this:

Do power cords make a difference? :D

Gordon

Gordon, I could understand our differences of you being a liberal and me being a conservative and still respect you. But now I come to find out you're a PowerCorder?
I'm not sure I can make it past this one. 😳🙏😊

Given all this talk about cigars and "other" smokes, :eek: I'm surprised no conservatives have given Obama some credit for ending the Cuban embargo on the former and allowing an impressive number of States to legalize the latter (without federal intervention). If you lean libertarian and like to smoke whatever you want, things are looking up. Thanks, Obama.

Given all this talk about cigars and "other" smokes, :eek: I'm surprised no conservatives have given Obama some credit for ending the Cuban embargo on the former and allowing an impressive number of States to legalize the latter (without federal intervention). If you lean libertarian and like to smoke whatever you want, things are looking up. Thanks, Obama.

Ok Rich, I'll give him his kudos there but as for Cuban cigars .......... while some are superb, the rest of the cigar producing world (Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican) have long since caught up with quality smokes.

As a smoker of both, and having a reputable and reliable supplier of contraband, I can say that I like both Cuban and 'domestic' product. If any BOTLs (that's Brother Of The Leaf to the uninitiated) find yourselves in Northeast PA, look me up.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

As a smoker of both, and having a reputable and reliable supplier of contraband, I can say that I like both Cuban and 'domestic' product.

Robert, depending on where you are in NE Pa I'm in the Scranton area (manage a railroad there) at least twice a month. Great Italian restaurants and one of the best cigar bars around (the Big House on Green Ridge St) ..........I'll be there next wed night !

as for Cuban cigars .......... while some are superb, the rest of the cigar producing world (Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican) have long since caught up with quality smokes.

No argument there. We live in a world of plenty.

Back