CLX odyssey begins.... now!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that they used paddles on conscious people, unless of course the paddles were used as assault weapons on posteriors.

I'm in one of those states of paralysis like those people who go under the knife completely awake and feeling everything, but can't in any way move or signal their condition to those wielding the scalpels ... and before you ask how I could possibly be using the iPhone if I'm suffering that unfortunate paralysis, well..... wait for it..... there's an app for that!

I heard they were stopping CLX panel manufacture when the CLXi comes out tomorrow...

I will not comment. I will not comment. I will not comment. I will not . . .

[must stay positive -- :music::music::music:]

You see everyone... Rich really IS good when he wants to be.:)

Very positive too. Really he is. When he wants to be.

Honest.;)
I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that it's Christmas - he doesn't want a lump of coal.

If there is an "i", I hope to hell ML offers a free upgrade for those who recently purchased the product. If they don't, I fully expect a wave of outrage on this site (OK Rich, I hereby release you from any shackles :D) and a further nail in the coffin of ML's credibility.

If they don't, I'll consider them the equivalent of Wilson Audio and what they did with the WP8 / Sasha fiasco.

For the uninformed, they introduced AGAIN, a new and improved model (the Sasha) with a lower retail price than its predecessor (the WP8), said predecessor having been introduced some 6 months before the appearance of the Sasha.

GG

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that it's Christmas - he doesn't want a lump of coal.

Quite Likely. Somehow this comes to mind...

Father calls me William, sister calls me Will,
Mother calls me Willie but the fellers call me Bill!
Mighty glad I ain't a girl---ruther be a boy,
Without them sashes curls an' things that's worn by Fauntleroy!
Love to chawnk green apples an' go swimmin' in the lake--
Hate to take the castor-ile they give for belly-ache!
'Most all the time, the whole year round, there ain't no flies on me,
But jest 'fore Christmas I'm as good as I kin be!

Got a yeller dog named Sport, sic him on the cat.
First thing she knows she doesn't know where she is at!
Got a clipper sled, an' when us kids goes out to slide,
'Long comes the grocery cart, an' we all hook a ride!
But sometimes when the grocery man is worrited an' cross,
He reaches at us with his whip, an' larrups up his hoss,
An' then I laff an' holler, "Oh, ye never teched me!"
But jest 'fore Christmas I'm as good as I kin be!

Gran'ma says she hopes that when I git to be a man,
I'll be a missionarer like her oldest brother, Dan,
As was et up by the cannibals that live in Ceylon's Isle,
Where every prospeck pleases, an' only man is vile!
But gran'ma she has never been to see a Wild West show,
Nor read the life of Daniel Boone, or else I guess she'd know
That Buff'lo Bill an' cowboys is good enough for me!
Excep' jest 'fore Christmas, when I'm as good as I kin be!

And then old Sport he hangs around, so solemn-like an' still,
His eyes they seem a-sayin': "What's the matter, little Bill?"
The old cat sneaks down off her perch an' wonders what's become
Of them two enemies of hern that used to make things hum!
But I am so perlite an' tend so earnestly to biz,
That mother says to father: "How improved our Willie is!"
But father, havin' been a boy hisself, suspicions me
When, jest 'fore Christmas, I'm as good as I kin be!

For Christmas, with its lots an' lots of candies, cakes an' toys,
Was made, they say, for proper kids an' not for naughty boys;
So wash yer face an' bresh yer hair, an' mind yer p's and q's,
And don't bust out yer pantaloons, and don't wear out yer shoes;
Say "Yessum" to the ladies, and "Yessur" to the men,
An' when they's company, don'a pass yer plate for pie again;
But, thinkin' of the things yer'd like to see upon that tree,
Jest 'fore Christmas be as good as yer kin be!

Eugene Field (1850-1895)

If there is an "i", I hope to hell ML offers a free upgrade for those who recently purchased the product. If they don't, I fully expect a wave of outrage on this site (OK Rich, I hereby release you from any shackles :D) and a further nail in the coffin of ML's credibility.

If they don't, I'll consider them the equivalent of Wilson Audio and what they did with the WP8 / Sasha fiasco.

For the uninformed, they introduced AGAIN, a new and improved model (the Sasha) with a lower retail price than its predecessor (the WP8), said predecessor having been introduced some 6 months before the appearance of the Sasha.

GG
I agree that was not cool but the Sasha's sound sooo good!
Best,
Bob

GG

Everybody wishes upgrades were free. That said, while the WP8-Sasha thing was a deplorable move for Wilson, it wasn't the first time they've come out with a speaker to which the older versions can't be updated, and replacing one's speakers with the new version was an expensive, regular occurrence because they have engaged in the practice of churning customers for upgrades. A few others that do this come to mind. It only serves to alienate customers, if not dealers as well who have to answer to customers.

I've heard the Sashas on several occasions at shows and always walk away scratching my head wondering why all the fuss.

I GIVE UP! :mad::mad::mad:
just got a call from my Local ML dealer, My Sub showed up yesterday and guess what? thats right, damaged! grills snapped off! he rejected it and ordered another.CMON! Todd we should start a shipping company just for high end gear. Our policy should be different then the current shipping policies of " Pay us lots of money, and maybe we wont break your stuff". Unreal.

"madness"

The clock heartlessly marches on, tortuously slow and mechanically uncaring. Each movement of the second hand like thunder - roaring and turbulent, yet no air moves. A thunder inaudible, intangible, yet jarring and primal within the mind.

Each tick a deep, twisting stab of pain and anguish. Each tock an infinity of misery. As the body endures, no, just exists in this ponderously painful purgatory, the mind plays tricks - treacherous, unspeakable subversions of reality.

Imagine we've traded places, the CLXs and I, in this parallel prison of thought. The listener "away on business". The chair vacant. The room cold and dead. While I stand vigilant awaiting the return, unable to transduce, to exhale, to sing and be sung.

When will it finally, miraculously occur? When will transducer at last unite with transducee in resplendent, rapturous glory? When? WHEN?

tick.......... tock......... tick.........

(the preceding has been a raw, unedited transcription of my faithful dog Sheldon's inner dialog)

Attachments

• clx 0022.jpg
    clx 0022.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I GIVE UP! :mad::mad::mad:
just got a call from my Local ML dealer, My Sub showed up yesterday and guess what? thats right, damaged! grills snapped off! he rejected it and ordered another.CMON! Todd we should start a shipping company just for high end gear. Our policy should be different then the current shipping policies of " Pay us lots of money, and maybe we wont break your stuff". Unreal.

Completely and utterly inexcusable! I was going to say "unbelievable", but no, it's entirely believable... and approaching inevitable. I am so sorry to hear about your SW Pete! I am now resigned to the fact that my CLX's have, at best, a 50/50 chance of arriving here unscathed. Perhaps less than 50/50 for your chances given that fate seems to have handed the reigns to Murphy - completely.

Completely and utterly inexcusable! I was going to say "unbelievable", but no, it's entirely believable... and approaching inevitable. I am so sorry to hear about your SW Pete! I am now resigned to the fact that my CLX's have, at best, a 50/50 chance of arriving here unscathed. Perhaps less than 50/50 for your chances given that fate seems to have handed the reigns to Murphy - completely.

Oh... and in a not unsurprising twist of irony, my local UPS driver's actualy name (I sh*t you not) is Murphy. The universe is cruel.

GG
Gordon, I believe the WP8 was introduced on May 22, 2006 and the Sasha was released on May 15, 2009. For me, it was great, as that allowed me to purchase a WP8 for a fraction of the original sales price. For those that paid full price for a WP8, they still have a wonderful speaker.

The clock heartlessly marches on, tortuously slow and mechanically uncaring. Each movement of the second hand like thunder - roaring and turbulent, yet no air moves. A thunder inaudible, intangible, yet jarring and primal within the mind.

Classic post. Your dog's mind is clearly incredible. What do you feed him on? A pure, sole diet of Martin Logan? The poor mutt... I feel sympathy for him in this time of misery and need.

Classic post. Your dog's mind is clearly incredible. What do you feed him on? A pure, sole diet of Martin Logan? The poor mutt... I feel sympathy for him in this time of misery and need.

I will say I very much enjoyed many of your musings as well. I was reading through your tasty equipment thread recently with much pleasure. Shame that thread seems to have petered out, although you guys did cover a huge range of equipment... maybe that subject is simply tapped out?... naaahhhh.

As for Sheldon, he tells me (telepathically) that he tolerates the temporary Magnepan solution, but will likely attack me without notice, targeting the most tender of locations if I don't get my act together and get the CLXs in place - "stat!". He also wishes you a lovely afternoon as it is, by his reckoning, just about tea time.

Shame that thread seems to have petered out, although you guys did cover a huge range of equipment...

It only takes a post to bring it back to life. You are hereby formally invited to resurrect it. Provided, of course, you post an accompanying tasty pic! C'mon - there's some gear out there not in the thread you really like, I'm sure.:)

Come to think of it, really those Apogee Full Ranges I posted a pic of should be in it... retro - but cool and extremely capable I'm sure. The owner is moving over to Apogee Grands, BTW.

It only takes a post to bring it back to life. You are hereby formally invited to resurrect it. Provided, of course, you post an accompanying tasty pic! C'mon - there's some gear out there not in the thread you really like, I'm sure.:)

Come to think of it, really those Apogee Full Ranges I posted a pic of should be in it... retro - but cool and extremely capable I'm sure. The owner is moving over to Apogee Grands, BTW.

I would be honoured. I looked for, but did not find any postings of the Electronluv masterpieces (in that thread), but then I did see them posted in a few other threads, so I left it at that. I'll find something of appropriate palatability and help re-animate your most excellent thread.

Cheers then

My eyes aren't what they used to be. Perhaps, is Sheldon a descendent from the Isle of Malta?

Great dogs! The wife and I have a twelve year old named Shelby. Sadly, her companion, Skeeter, is no longer with us.

Back