CLX odyssey begins.... now!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ROFL:

Thanks Todd.
Thoses "kids" are great and I await the response from Necrosuit!

By the way, how far are you from Bucksport ( great people) as I have been there and also at some speedway when I brought Pete to see monsters of rock many years ago?

Best,
Bob

Hi Bob,

Bucksport is about 2.5 hours from my place... although, it is only two towns away from where I grew up (just outside Bangor). There may be no better kid-friendly early American fort than our beloved Fort Knox sitting proudly on the banks of the Penobscot river overlooking Bucksport. Plus they have a cool new suspension bridge right nearby with observation towers even. Speedway in that area? Maybe "Speedway 95" just south of Bangor? Though I don't ever recall them hosting any concerts. Hmmmm, may have to research that one a bit more.

Cheers

Attachments

• pd1060883.jpg
    pd1060883.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Beautiful family and place Todd!
Wish my kids were still that age as they semi listened to what I said back then:). Now they are 37 and 33 and I think back to that old expression about why animals eat their young :).
I am sure Pete will chime in when reading this,Ha-Ha.

Best,
Bob

HA! Animals eat their young because they fear being surpassed by the offspring :)

OK... just got a call from my dealer. Turns out the freight company who sent the CLXs to him (from ML) dropped them off and actually reclaimed the special-sized pallet to which they were strapped :wtf:

What is up with Shipping? oh lets not care and do as we wish attitude. I am worried about my next shipment! :eek:

How far away is the dealer? I'd be tempted to call and say BS. I'm renting a uhaul truck for a day and we can decrease the price of the clx's by that amount.

the distance is such that rental+fuel would equal or surpass freight charges

and yes, the "BS" thought crossed (and still lingers in) my mind.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm,

Todd, got a bad feeling about these speakers.

If I were religous, which I'm not, Id say 45 Our Fathers, 16 Hail Mary's, and 23 Acts of Contrition. :D

The other option is to pray to the Audio Gods to request that the "holy speakers" arrive soon and safe.

I'm sure they will.

GG

Mmmmmmmmmmmm,

Todd, got a bad feeling about these speakers.

If I were religous, which I'm not, Id say 45 Our Fathers, 16 Hail Mary's, and 23 Acts of Contrition. :D

The other option is to pray to the Audio Gods to request that the "holy speakers" arrive soon and safe.

I'm sure they will.

GG

I spent the entire night in the confessional... though I hesitate to admit what I was doing in there.

the distance is such that rental+fuel would equal or surpass freight charges

and yes, the "BS" thought crossed (and still lingers in) my mind.

At this point isn't it worth the extra moolah to ensure that you get the speakers in one piece, and before Christmas? You could be listening to the Salas CD at Christmas through the CLX's. It's too bad that you can't see my comment on the CD just yet as it has not yet received moderator approval.

At this point isn't it worth the extra moolah to ensure that you get the speakers in one piece, and before Christmas? You could be listening to the Salas CD at Christmas through the CLX's. It's too bad that you can't see my comment on the CD just yet as it has not yet received moderator approval.

I'm not keen to drive from Maine to Chicago and back. Plus I like the spreading feeling of inner-warmth from the growing ulcers.

On the Salas comments, could you reconstruct and post here (or PM me)? As thread-starter, I officially hereby grant you one free orthogonal posting of your choice. Post by post moderation of the recommended recordings threads makes that whole section virtually unusable.

Todd, what I said about the Salas CD was that it seemed very civilized, and was most enjoyable, and that I could see myself listening to it with a nice piece of cheese and a glass of red wine. I also received another Bec-Hellouin, the Dubeau Fairytales, and the I Ching Symphony. Two I bought and two were gifts. I was going to do a review here on the I Ching Symphony, but think I will PM you instead as I find it frustrating that recommended recordings need moderator approval. As you said, it makes that section unuseable, so I will not use it.

Todd, what I said about the Salas CD was that it seemed very civilized, and was most enjoyable, and that I could see myself listening to it with a nice piece of cheese and a glass of red wine. I also received another Bec-Hellouin, the Dubeau Fairytales, and the I Ching Symphony. Two I bought and two were gifts. I was going to do a review here on the I Ching Symphony, but think I will PM you instead as I find it frustrating that recommended recordings need moderator approval. As you said, it makes that section unuseable, so I will not use it.

"civilized"... good description of the Salas choral work.

Per Tom's OK, I'm going to start another off-topic thread where we can exchange more comments on music in general. Any thoughts for a thread name? Maybe something like "Bernard and Todd's excellent adventure - and impressions on CDs and whatnot"... or "Musical Musings"... or "Unmoderated musical modulations".... or ????

"civilized"... good description of the Salas choral work.

Per Tom's OK, I'm going to start another off-topic thread where we can exchange more comments on music in general. Any thoughts for a thread name? Maybe something like "Bernard and Todd's excellent adventure - and impressions on CDs and whatnot"... or "Musical Musings"... or "Unmoderated musical modulations".... or ????
I like "Unmoderated Musical Modulations" as it's almost an oxymoron.

The only problem I have with it is that you are going to start a single new thread where there will be a multitude of recommendations which are not easily visible, whereas there will remain unused a section called "Recommended Recordings", where each recording could have its own individual thread. I wish Tom would reconsider his decision to not remove moderator approval from that section. We recently had someone start a new thread on a newly-acquired dog in the Main Section; if there was one thing that required moderator approval, that was it.

Come on guys ! You know that I am not normally a rabble rouser (not that you are rabble), but if you want to see more recordings in the "Recommended Recordings" sections (especially classical and jazz), PM TomDac asking him to remove moderator approval from that section.

Last edited:
OK... just got a call from my dealer. Turns out the freight company who sent the CLXs to him (from ML) dropped them off and actually reclaimed the special-sized pallet to which they were strapped :wtf:

ML obviously needed that pallet back fast so they could ship out the next pair of CLX's. What? In these difficult economic times, you expect delivery to your door? :D

Bernard,

I agree with you.

Many things I would post but I just don't want to follow the check list. Sorry Tom.

I think mo open, mo better.

Gordon

Bernard,

I agree with you.

Many things I would post but I just don't want to follow the check list. Sorry Tom.

I think mo open, mo better.

Gordon

per the potential ground-swell of support in lifting moderation of the existing recommended recordings section, I hereby suspend any immediate kick-off of an additional off-topic musical comments thread. Such additional thread(s) to be reconsidered at some future point in time.

I heard they were stopping CLX panel manufacture when the CLXi comes out tomorrow...:eek::eek::eek:

OK - that really wasn't funny...:D

But stranger things happen around here.:ROFL:

Seriously - hope it gets sorted soon.

I heard they were stopping CLX panel manufacture when the CLXi comes out tomorrow...:eek::eek::eek:

OK - that really wasn't funny...:D

But stranger things happen around here.:ROFL:

Seriously - hope it gets sorted soon.

I'm reading this on my iPhone as they're wheeling me into the myocardial resuscitation unit... Oh God! Not the paddles, not the pa.. XXXXZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT (uhm, oooww?)

I'm reading this on my iPhone as they're wheeling me into the myocardial resuscitation unit... Oh God! Not the paddles, not the pa.. XXXXZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT (uhm, oooww?)

I didn't know that they used paddles on conscious people, unless of course the paddles were used as assault weapons on posteriors.

Latest posts

Back