CLX odyssey begins.... now!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here... just a little shipping spell to help things along:

"Hear us oh spirits of the ethereal netherworld (specifically you jokers on freight detail)! We beseech thee to protect that which is most sacred - deliver to us unharmed those spars of clarity, those gossamer panels of transparent fidelity. Vindico CLX sospes quod in vicis"

There, that should do it.;)

Damn Todd,
You had me and my wife laughing our asses off!!
Best,
Bob and Deb.

Attachments

• spongebob.gif
    spongebob.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 263
Pete, Todd, I admire the patience you two have shown through this. What do you guys do for a living, watch concrete get hard?:D

Gordon

Ha-ha.
Well, I am a professional Concrete hardening watcher (10 year degree) but Yes my real profession has taught me how to handle stress and be patient.
Even though this is pushing me to the edge!
I am an IT server administrator for many Credit union institutes.

Todd, keep watching it will harden
:D

Attachments

• martinloganclx-25thanniversaryspeakers_jessie.jpg
    martinloganclx-25thanniversaryspeakers_jessie.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 298
Thats exactly what I ordered! 3 package deal, girl is still on the way...:p

She looks like a good, stable base to work on;) I only hope she's cheaper than the speakers... or at least available inclusively on delivery. Still, the CLX won't provide much protection to hide behind when the wife walks in.

Am I banned?:eek:

I'd rather have CLX's, but I do have Vista's as a back up. :D

I've been out of town without my laptop, so I'm just getting caught up with my favorite Soap Opera.

Todd and Necrosuit, I'm glad to see things are looking up. Check's in the mail and all that... j/k :)

I hope you both get them in perfect shape and before Christmas.

Best Holiday wishes to all.

Ray

Attachments

• insider3.jpg
    insider3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 281
I'd rather have CLX's, but I do have Vista's as a back up. :D

I've been out of town without my laptop, so I'm just getting caught up with my favorite Soap Opera.

Todd and Necrosuit, I'm glad to see things are looking up. Check's in the mail and all that... j/k :)

I hope you both get them in perfect shape and before Christmas.

Best Holiday wishes to all.

Ray

Woah! My photographic contribution has been seriously outclassed! :bowdown:

Thanks Ray and happy holidays to you and yours as well!

If the Vistas are accessorized as depicted above, I believe they would be my preference (subject to further evidence, which I would be eager to scrutinize in great detail). :D

What a great thread!

Last edited:
If the Vistas are accessorized as depicted above, I believe they would be my preference (subject to further evidence, which I would be eager to scrutinize in great detail). :D

What a great thread!

Yes... there's "curvelinear" and then there's the real deal! ;)

Yes, I just heard that Victoria Secret has a Holiday sale for the "Linear Curve"
Enthusiast, buy 100,000 pairs and get free Vistas.
.....:D

Let's see your Tree

Hey Folks,

Thought I would temporarily re-vector this thread "In the name of Father Christmas" as Pete and I wait ever-so-patiently for our oft-delayed deliveries. I thought about doing this in the off-off-topic section, but this thread just feels like home now, doesn't it?... so here we go:

This will be a detour of relatively short duration given the timeline... but for those of you who celebrate Christmas and wish to spread a little cheer, why not post a pic of your tree? I assume most tree-centric folks would have their tannenbaums pretty well trimmed by now. And if, like one new club member from Canada, your MLs happen to be right in the middle of the seasonal scene, all the better!

To kick this off, here's a pic of our tall faux-tree (12 footer) in the great room where we "have Christmas" each December the 25th, or there abouts. This has become a classic "Let's see if Dad kills himself this year" routine as this tree is truly one of the 12 pains of Christmas wrt assembly and multi-ampere light debug. But it's all worth it to see their shining faces Christmas morning (shining from the reflection of whatever new-fangled handheld screen device Santa deemed necessary to stuff their stockings with... I gotta have a serious talk with that guy).

The kids also put up a real tree in the family room (second pic) - Well, I put it up - they decorate it and forget to water it.

Cheers guys and I hope some of you can spare a few minutes to help "decorate the forum" a bit over the next week with your coniferous creations as well.

Peace (and good will to all audiophiles - well, at least those with ML hardware ;) )

-Todd

Attachments

• tree 008.jpg
    tree 008.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 279
  • tree 011.jpg
    tree 011.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
She looks like a good, stable base to work on;) I only hope she's cheaper than the speakers... or at least available inclusively on delivery. Still, the CLX won't provide much protection to hide behind when the wife walks in.

Am I banned?:eek:
What speakers? I don't see any speakers in the picture.......had to say it before Joe did !

Yes, I just heard that Victoria Secret has a Holiday sale for the "Linear Curve"
Enthusiast, buy 100,000 pairs and get free Vistas.
.....:D

I think you're on to something Pete. That just seems like a win-win-win all the way around (the store, the audiophile that gets to go into the store, the wife, everyone!)

Last edited:
Back