????Cary 306 SACD or Esoteric X-03????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikroski

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with both SACD players?

Please kindly recommend. It's very hard to make decision :confused:

Thank you very much

Pal

The Cary 306 SACD has digital inputs and Esoteric X-03 does not. I think it would be a shame not to be able to utilize such a great DAC with other transports or a music server.

Last edited:
I have the X-03SE and I think it's one of the best sounding players in the industry. Also the X-03SE still leads on build quality and its VRDS transport remains without peer. I just wished it was lighter then 50+ pounds; I hurt my back setting it on the self.

Hi George,

I haven't had the pleasure to hear that unit but I've had my Cary for over a year and have the exact same reaction to the 306SACD.

The upsampling in the digital and analogue domains is also a real plus for fine tuning the sound of the unit.

My recommend would be to audition both units once they are fully broken in and then decide.

GG

Hi George,

I haven't had the pleasure to hear that unit but I've had my Cary for over a year and have the exact same reaction to the 306SACD.

The upsampling in the digital and analogue domains is also a real plus for fine tuning the sound of the unit.

My recommend would be to audition both units once they are fully broken in and then decide.

GG

I would agree with Gary's suggestion to audition both units. Also Wadia put out some great players.

Back