Blown Away - Great sound

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, here's a thread about how much we enjoy our set ups. This weekend I've been listening to music, watching movies and just reveling in the superb sound my system has.
Large ESLs are just magical when well set up, and oh so clean. People often describe it as a wall of sound, and when I tell them they are hearing a system whose radiating surfaces cover 40% of the width of the front wall, or expressed in square footage, 21% of the total area of that front, or 31.4 square feet, their eyes widen even further ;)

The thing that is most enjoyable is how transparent the system is, one hears all the details in recordings, and I've been re-listening to my favorite recordings.

I love just being able to enjoy it and not be working on it, like I often do. So how are you enjoying your setup?

Me, this weekend:

BlownAwayESL.jpg

Ah yes Jon. Usually I will steal away from around 10pm to 1am and love it. About 8 months ago I got the Maggie 20.7s as an upgrade to my Odysseys. What a great speaker these are. I have a 17x30 room and I am still moving them a bit here and a bit there. But I keep finding improvement. The latest really got roger waters amused to death going past my ears to the sides with way better clarity. Then tchaikovskys 6th symphony. When you come to realize that he killed himself a week after the premier - it really tugs at you. My favorite so far is the rendition by the Philadelphia orchestra. Piano sonatas. Then to Amos lee or jack Johnson only to be followed by Eric Bibb and some nice opus 3 recordings. It just never ends. :)

Jonathan, the fruits of your labor, way to go !!

There is no better ending to a day than an hour of great sounding music with my ML's. A stressful day is instantly cleared away!

Ah yes Jon. Usually I will steal away from around 10pm to 1am and love it. About 8 months ago I got the Maggie 20.7s as an upgrade to my Odysseys. What a great speaker these are. ...

Nice, glad to hear you are working them out with such great music. Cheers.

There is no better ending to a day than an hour of great sounding music with my ML's. A stressful day is instantly cleared away!

Absolutely, a fully immersive session with the right content really resets ones perspective.

Back