Are These Speakers Even Legal... Is The A Lawyer In The House???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather than posting hundreds of images... check out

This dudes 42 pages of the most amazing, um expensive audio gear I've seen... http://www.exoticaudio.org/Exotic_Audio2.html

Here is one picture of hundreds... take a min to check it out :eek:

Attachments

• mydadssystem.jpg
    mydadssystem.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 505
One more 'Nirvana Room'

Sigh... I bet the bloodpressure drops to 110/65 sitting in this room...:cool:

Attachments

• 39Alexandria1.jpg
    39Alexandria1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,851
  • 39AlexandriaX2Room2.jpg
    39AlexandriaX2Room2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,442
Every time I see those Wilsons, I feel like they're getting ready to come alive and walk. Kinda like a bad Terminator movie....:haha1:

Man I love their sound but for $80k you could have a set of Logans that would blow them away..IMHO of course, but I'm biased.:cheers:

Dan

Every time I see those Wilsons, I feel like they're getting ready to come alive and walk. Kinda like a bad Terminator movie....:haha1:

Man I love their sound but for $80k you could have a set of Logans that would blow them away..IMHO of course, but I'm biased.:cheers:

Dan

I would love to HEAR or at least READ a comparsion of those two! I would love to have a set of E2's but I think I would buy a set of MBL 101e's and a couple of really nice MBL monoblocks instead...

I would love to HEAR or at least READ a comparsion of those two! I would love to have a set of E2's but I think I would buy a set of MBL 101e's and a couple of really nice MBL monoblocks instead...

I'd like to hear the MBL's, if they're as good as what I read in reviews then you would have a great speaker system while saving about $45k. I suppose you could find a nice pair of amps and a couple of nice subs for that.....I know I could anyway:rocker:

Dan

I'd like to hear the MBL's, if they're as good as what I read in reviews then you would have a great speaker system while saving about $45k. I suppose you could find a nice pair of amps and a couple of nice subs for that.....I know I could anyway:rocker:

Dan

They are quite something special indeed. When I listened to them the past two years at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest they were always in the top 2 or 3 Best Sound of Show category for me - and for others as well apparently, there was always a line at the door to get into the mbl room. The thing that amazes me most about these speakers is that the "sweet spot" doesn't seem to exist - that is to say, they sound as good off axis as they do in what we would consider a normal listening position. I remember moving off of the sofa in this room and going over to have a closer look at the elctronics and being amazed that they were still creating a realistic image and soundstage a good 10 feet off axis. If you ever get a chance to audition these speakers you should do it...

Attachments

• MBL01.jpg
    MBL01.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 438
  • MBL02.jpg
    MBL02.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 442
  • MBL03.jpg
    MBL03.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 434
Holy mother of... those speakers and that room of equipment.... I dont even have anything to say.

:eek:

Holy mother of... those speakers and that room of equipment.... I dont even have anything to say.

:eek:

Joey,

That will be a good upgrade for you to shoot for, don't you think?

Rudy

Joey,

That will be a good upgrade for you to shoot for, don't you think?

Rudy

Rudy,

As nice as the MBL room looks, the Wilson Alexandria room is far better.... that is what I would get if I won the lottery! Upgrade? Hah!

Joey

Rudy,

As nice as the MBL room looks, the Wilson Alexandria room is far better.... that is what I would get if I won the lottery! Upgrade? Hah!

Joey

Well the Wilson Alexandria room is actually a room in someones home (a doctor I believe Joey!), where as the picture I posted were from a converted hotel room at the RMAF in October. There is a guy here in Denver that has an mbl system - he's a partner at one of the local High End stores. I've seen his system somewhere on the web - if I can find it again I'll post pictures of a real mbl system in a real home environment.

They are quite something special indeed. When I listened to them the past two years at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest they were always in the top 2 or 3 Best Sound of Show category for me - and for others as well apparently, there was always a line at the door to get into the mbl room. The thing that amazes me most about these speakers is that the "sweet spot" doesn't seem to exist - that is to say, they sound as good off axis as they do in what we would consider a normal listening position. I remember moving off of the sofa in this room and going over to have a closer look at the elctronics and being amazed that they were still creating a realistic image and soundstage a good 10 feet off axis. If you ever get a chance to audition these speakers you should do it...

I am in LUST! Oh, I LOVE THEM! If they would have been in Piano Black I would have to excuse myself! Ahhhh....

Rudy,

Joey

Joey,

I agree I like the girl and the acoutriments of the Wilson room, but those speakers are just UGLY by comparison to..., well, to ANYTHING! Wilson's just do not float my boat!

When you start making those big doctor bucks get yourself an MBL system w/ all the furniture and wall treatments of the Wilson room and then invite me over! :D

I'll even buy you lunch...on GSK of course! :haha1:

Last edited:
Well the Wilson Alexandria room is actually a room in someones home (a doctor I believe Joey!)...

Holy crap, Tim!!! Must readjust finances.... in... the.... future.....

What truly impresses me about the Doc's house is that the audio room opens up into nothingness... no back wave to worry about with regards to the Wilsons. I wonder if that would work with the Summits or MLs' next top dawg. I wonder what that will do to the bass also.... must need multiple Descents!!

Arg!!

Holy crap, Tim!!! Must readjust finances.... in... the.... future.....

What truly impresses me about the Doc's house is that the audio room opens up into nothingness... no back wave to worry about with regards to the Wilsons. I wonder if that would work with the Summits or MLs' next top dawg. I wonder what that will do to the bass also.... must need multiple Descents!!

Arg!!

There is a LOT to love about that room... it would even better at Casa de ScottG :cheers:

I can only imagine what them Big Wilsons sound like in a big room . OH ID LIKE TO KNOW ! Now them MBLS , they remind me of something out of the Wild Wild West, movie ! They better sound DAMN good because they are hideous to look at ! JUT MY OPINION ! I guess I am a bit of a traditionalist

Now them MBLS , they remind me of something out of the Wild Wild West, movie ! They better sound DAMN good because they are hideous to look at ! JUT MY OPINION ! I guess I am a bit of a traditionalist

Come on now! They are like modern ART! They don't even LOOK like speakers. I do prefer them w/ the "Pagoda" style speaker covers though! And I also like them in Piano black! They are the wildest looking speaker I have ever seen! I do like some of the Avant speakers too though! They look like traditional instruments you would see in my wifes marching band at school!

Come on now! They are like modern ART! They don't even LOOK like speakers.

How about art, no rockets... um I mean speakers :confused:

This is a mb111a speaker:cool:

Attachments

• mbl111a.jpg
    mbl111a.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 475
One more for today... I think these acapella spharon speakers go somewhere north of $100k us

Attachments

• acapella_spharon_120k.jpg
    acapella_spharon_120k.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 471
Back