Are These Speakers Even Legal... Is The A Lawyer In The House???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's something to get excited about! I'll look forward to your full review soon. I have never read a personal, in depth review of the MBL's.

Congratulations James! Can I have your Prodigy's?:D
Just kidding.......well, not really.;)

Dan

Dan,

HA! NO WAY BRO'! That would be like selling a child that you actually LIKE! I will NEVER get rid of my ML's! Love them to much! If push came to shove I would just find other rooms and end up with like MAJOR systems all over the house! LOL! :D

Looking forward to rocking the house w/ the new speakers...I think I will be able to get them here the 2nd week of March right now...I look forward to some help around here to move them in and out of the system to compare direct with the Prodigy...

Watch this space!
:rocker:

a cool blog.. scifi tech... spotted some strange speakers....

"These crazy-looking speakers have a crazy name to go along with them: O'hEocha Audiophile Speakers. Created by former BMW designer Aonghus O'hEocha (now that's a name), these bad boys are lovingly hand crafted. Featuring 200-watt isobaric speakers, they provide total three-dimensional sound.
I'm sure they sound absolutely amazing, but what kind of living room would you need to have these fit in? And really, the looks aren't the first of your worries; these things will set you back a solid $9,000. That is, if they were in stock, which they aren't. Yes, these $9,000 O'hEocha's are all sold out at the moment. I guess the market for super-high-end alien-looking speakers is bigger than I thought."​

Attachments

• O'hEocha Audiophile.jpg
    O'hEocha Audiophile.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 824
"That is, if they were in stock, which they aren't. Yes, these $9,000 O'hEocha's are all sold out at the moment. I guess the market for super-high-end alien-looking speakers is bigger than I thought."

LOL! Those are the craziest looking things I have seen! Remind me of War of the Worlds a bit!

Tremendous Thiel System...

:D Thiel's new speaker design would really be interesting to audition someday... :p

Attachments

• thiel-speakers.jpg
    thiel-speakers.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,069
Brilliant!... Edgarhorn System...

Edgarhorn speakers are very sensitive and can be driven by low wattage amplifiers. :cheers: They sure full-up a room all-by-themselves, especially those huge bass cabinets on each side of the room... ;)

Attachments

• edgarhorn-speakers.jpg
    edgarhorn-speakers.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 941
Incredibly Magnificent Raidho System

This Raidho X5 speaker system is intense looking. :D I'll bet it sounds as wonderful as it looks... :D

I just wonder does anyone know..., what kinda mono-block amplifiers those are, which are driving this system? :confused:

Attachments

• raidho-x-5-speakers.jpg
    raidho-x-5-speakers.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 874
This Raidho X5 speaker system is intense looking. :D I'll bet it sounds as wonderful as it looks... :D

I just wonder does anyone know..., what kinda mono-block amplifiers those are, which are driving this system? :confused:

Robin, those are the big VTL (Vacuum Tube Logic) monoblocks. I can't remember their name though, but have heard they are stunning.

Edgarhorn speakers are very sensitive and can be driven by low wattage amplifiers. :cheers: They sure full-up a room all-by-themselves, especially those huge bass cabinets on each side of the room... ;)

Robin, I've heard the Edgarhorns several times now (although under show conditions) and am sorry to say that I find them very disappointing and frankly - kind of boring. Especially when compared to the likes of the wonderful Accapella's with their Ion tweeters, as well as the magificent Avante Guarde's and Klipsch Kornerhorns (which still rock my boat to this day). Just my $.02, but usually high sensitivity horns have the ability to energize the room room in a way that really get's one INVOLVED with the music - not so with the Edgarhorns I'm afraid

Robin,

They look like the VTL reference series.I've heard them powering Wilson Maxx 2's. Very nice indeed.

http://www.vtl.com/pages/reference.html

VTL Reference ~ Mono-Blocks...

Robin,

They look like the VTL reference series.I've heard them powering Wilson Maxx 2's. Very nice indeed.
http://www.vtl.com/pages/reference.html
Statman,

:D Hey..., Thank you! :D Excellent! I was wondering what those were. Thank you for the Internet link as well...
You are quite correct the VTL reference mono-blocks are very nice indeed... :D

McIntosh Major, Mega, Huge System...

James,

:D Thank you for the heads-up. I beleive this is it..., I found it on the Stereo Design web site:

http://www.stereobydesign.com/

This McIntosh system is just incredible... I am at a loss for words but this mega McIntosh system has done it to me... All I can say is Wow! :drool: :wow: :D

Attachments

• McIntosh Mega System.jpg
    McIntosh Mega System.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,701
  • Mcintosh - Continued.jpg
    Mcintosh - Continued.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,719
  • McIntosh - Electronics Gear Rack.jpg
    McIntosh - Electronics Gear Rack.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,693
  • Mcintosh - inside Speaker.jpg
    Mcintosh - inside Speaker.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,719
  • McIntosh - Mono-Block Heaven.jpg
    McIntosh - Mono-Block Heaven.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,707
Last edited:
McIntosh ~ Mega, Major, Huge System... Continued...

James,

I just gotta say, this is the most McIntosh gear I've ever seen in a private residence.... :clap: :wow: Their must be a millon dollars in this HT, or more... Simply an amazing mostly McIntosh stellar system, the likes of which must not exsist anywhere else on the planet... :D :clap:

Attachments

• Mcintosh - Mega system.jpg
    Mcintosh - Mega system.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • McIntosh Gear - Continued.jpg
    McIntosh Gear - Continued.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 762
  • McIntosh - System Seating.jpg
    McIntosh - System Seating.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,702
  • Even More Mcintosh Gear.jpg
    Even More Mcintosh Gear.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
James,

I just gotta say, this is the most McIntosh gear I've ever seen in a private residence.... :clap: :wow: Their must be a millon dollars in this HT, or more... Simply an amazing mostly McInotsh stellar system, the likes of which must not exsist anywhere else on the planet... :D :clap:

I could not get onto the site last night, but you have found THE MCINTOSH system to beat ALL systems. I doubt most RETAILERS have that much gear! It is awe inspiring! I have never seen anything like it and the write up I read said he was just about to add the new super high end McIntosh front projector too (I think it is a rebadge of a Runco or something like that)!

I think this guy must have single handedly made a noticeable increase in McIntosh's corporate yearly profits...:)

Peter

PS You can see what a REALLY advanced case of Joeyitis looks like...

James,

I just gotta say, this is the most McIntosh gear I've ever seen in a private residence.... :clap: :wow: Their must be a millon dollars in this HT, or more... Simply an amazing mostly McIntosh stellar system, the likes of which must not exsist anywhere else on the planet... :D :clap:

You should see the McIntosh gear Matt Damon's character has in "The Departed" =o

Not Joeyitis.

I think this guy must have single handedly made a noticeable increase in McIntosh's corporate yearly profits...:)

Peter

PS You can see what a REALLY advanced case of Joeyitis looks like...

Some old, rich guy bought this at one time to build his HT and will never upgrade again in life! This is it, his lifelong dream!

The Incredible ~ McIntosh HT Dream System...

Some old, rich guy bought this at one time to build his HT and will never upgrade again in life! This is it, his lifelong dream!
Robert,

I just wonder if he is married...? :D If not would he marry me? :D I might offer myself as a mail-order-bride... :D I just don't know, if I'm ready to live in the lap of luxsury away out there in Florida, though I do have relitives living there, whom I have not seen in a long, long time... :)

Latest posts

Back