Anyone Going to a Tea Party?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that protest is a joke. I personally would like to see a real one that would make them reconsider their bailout BS spending

I have been practically peeing myself with hysterical laughter, watching Rachael Maddow and Anderson Cooper discuss (somehow with straight faces for the last week) this "Teabagging" movement. Apparently, nobody on the far right has any idea what this means in more "sensually adventurous" circles...

The fact that Anderson Cooper (who, most likely has first hand experience, so to speak) and Rachael Maddow (who probably NEVER will experience this, but is "worldly" enough to know what it is) have been going on and on about "teabagging" has made an entire year's worth of cable fees worth it in just one week of news-watching...

Personally, I always suspected there was a deep, hidden, suppressed desire for teabagging among some of the more vocal members of the far right...

I have been practically peeing myself with hysterical laughter, watching Rachael Maddow and Anderson Cooper discuss (somehow with straight faces for the last week) this "Teabagging" movement. Apparently, nobody on the far right has any idea what this means in more "sensually adventurous" circles...

The fact that Anderson Cooper (who, most likely has first hand experience, so to speak) and Rachael Maddow (who probably NEVER will experience this, but is "worldly" enough to know what it is) have been going on and on about "teabagging" has made an entire year's worth of cable fees worth it in just one week of news-watching...

Personally, I always suspected there was a deep, hidden, suppressed desire for teabagging among some of the more vocal members of the far right...

I would like to explain the concept to Contessa Brewer although I feel she is a liberal and may show me a thing or two lol

I was watching Rachael Maddow the other night, and she had Ana Marie Cox (from Air America) on and they went ON and ON and ON about teabagging. It was the hottest thing I've seen on TV that didn't involve PPV fees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7AacN7_xRs

The sheer linguistic irony of a woman named "Cox" discussing "teabagging" is mind-boggling delightful...

Last edited:
It amazes me how much the press distorts things. I attended two "Tea Parties" yesterday , more for curiosity and something to do than anything else. I was at the West Palm Beach offerring first and it was HUGE. People filled the entire public square and mall between government center and the courthouse which had previously held 10,000 people for an Earth Wind and Fire concert. A friend in the Sherifs department says they estimated 4000-4500 people, yet the press reported only 600! Then I went home to Stuart ( small town by comparison to WPB) and caught the tail end of the rally here. At 5:30 PM the croud stretched three and four deep for nearly 12 blocks along US1. The press reported about 1000 people, but the vendor selling American Flags sold out his cache of 2000 by 5PM.....The Stuart police had to call in rienforcements from the Sheriff's office just to manage traffic because of the larger than expected turnout.

It is my understanding from what I read that tea partys were held in 2049 locations across the US. If "only" an average of 500 people turned out for each one that would be over a million people. I suspect the numbers are larger than that. Yet the headlines read...thousands turn out for Tax day TEA parties.....

Last edited:
It amazes me how much the press distorts things.

. . .

I suspect the numbers are larger than that. Yet the headlines read...thousands turn out for Tax day TEA parties.....

Yes. I suppose they could have much more accurately reported it as: "slightly more than .3 percent of the U.S. population turns out for tax-day protest." That would accurately describe it and put it in proper perspective.

Yes. I suppose they could have much more accurately reported it as: "slightly more than .3 percent of the U.S. population turns out for tax-day protest." That would accurately describe it and put it in proper perspective.

Yes, but that .3 that showed up pay probably about 25% of the taxes in this country. There were at least 7500 in Madison, Wisconsin to protest the taxing of Nursing home beds and programs for disabled students to pay for the Bradley Center sports arena in Milwaukee (you can find it somewhere in page 738 of our state budget). They were protesting another state $.75 tax on a pack of cigarettes that already cost $7. They were protesting prevailing wage so the worker that picks up scraps at a jobsite doesn’t get paid the same as the carpenter, likely leading to no new business construction in our state. They were protesting the building of a rail line from Milwaukee to Madison that will hardly get any use but will cost 100 million dollars in just start up costs. They were protesting the fact that every government worker has complete job security and certain raises while the private sector (the people allowing them to have there job) sees layoffs, job freezes, or salary reduction. They were protesting a state gas tax of $.07 proposed on our budget; another cost that will be just passed on to the consumer.

When was the last time you saw conservatives actually show up and protest? Did anybody inside the capital change there mind about anything? No. Did this event, in it of itself, change anything? No. But it did move to organize people, and hopefully send them home and be more active in our government. I think it is just a sign of a movement that will peak right around November of 2010.

Last edited:
When was the last time you saw conservatives actually show up and protest? Did anybody inside the capital change there mind about anything? No. Did this event, in it of itself, change anything? No. But it did move to organize people, and hopefully send them home and be more active in our government. I think it is just a sign of a movement that will peak right around November of 2010.

I don't think it will change anyone's mind, but it was amazing to see. What surprised me was the number of young people (20-30) out there. I think they are starting to understand that it is THEIR future that is at stake here.

The local newspaper said that it was the first time since the Nixon years that there was an organized protest that carried across the nation on the same day.

API said the following:
Nationwide: In Tennessee, an overwhelming crowd of 10,000 people met on the Legislative Plaza, spilling into sidewalks and up the hill toward the Capitol building. Cars circled the area honking horns. In Rochester, N.Y., 1,000 tea partiers marched on the county administration building and city hall. Approximately 4,000 people crowded Fountain Square in Cincinnati, while 8,000 gathered in Madison, Wis., 5,000 surrounded the Oklahoma Capitol and 4,000 attended the Chicago party. Even Rhode Island, the smallest U.S. state, brought 1,000 protesters to its Capitol. Washington state police estimated crowds of 5,000 in Olympia while 2,500 marched the streets of Boise, Idaho and 1,500 rallied in Austin, Texas. In Lansing, Mich., throngs were measured at 7,000, while 3,000 gathered in Hartford, Conn., and 2,000 Floridians in Jacksonville poured wagons of tea into the St. Johns River. An additional 1,000 people packed into Market Square in Pittsburgh, Pa., while 1,000 gathered in Des Moines, Iowa.

CNN reported 1000 people showed up in Tennessee...about 1/10 of what was reported elsewhere....I guess they have forgotten what real journalism is supposed to be about.

Here in Michigan there were quite a few Tea Parties with the Main one being at the Capitol in Lansing I couldnt tell just how many people were there but it was a bunch the Media estimated 10,000. Were they all right wingers? dont know that either.

I had to park quite a ways away arriving 2 hours early walking past many cars I noticed most were American made and lacking "Hope & Change" bumper stickers. [none were on fire or overturned]

Getting closer to the capitol building there were tons of well behaved people most carrying American Flags many had their childred with them. [none of the flags were on fire]

The event opened with a Prayer for our country all heads were bowed and quiet. most of the speakers were noot famous people just ordinary folks that love their country {America} and want the best for it and our children.

No arrests, Broken windows, fires, or sirens. The state will not have a huge clean up bill after the event, friends that live in the area said than when the crowd cleared there was no mess left behind.

Were they Right Wingers? I gotta believe they were because none of the speakers used the words SUCKED, STUPID, HATE or Profanities,

Will these Protest make a difference? probably not right away but I gotta believe whatever your political leaning you cant be satisfied with the spending that is being done in the name of restarting our economy [5.2 billion to Acorn] is not going to help. We cannot have the government spend our way into prosperity. Reducing taxes for individuals will increase spending.
Reducing taxes on corporations will increase employment. I realise that this is simplistic but it is correct.

No one should be surprised by the old media reporting of these events most were not there.

The first 2 rules of journalism.
1. Paper dont care what you write on it.
2. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The people that we elect to be our voice need to hear from all of us their job is to represent us. if you dont let them know what you think you deserve what you get. laws and rules are made by those that show up.

Last edited:
Yes, but that .3 that showed up pay probably about 25% of the taxes in this country. There were at least 7500 in Madison, Wisconsin to protest the taxing of Nursing home beds and programs for disabled students to pay for the Bradley Center sports arena in Milwaukee (you can find it somewhere in page 738 of our state budget). They were protesting another state $.75 tax on a pack of cigarettes that already cost $7. They were protesting prevailing wage so the worker that picks up scraps at a jobsite doesn’t get paid the same as the carpenter, likely leading to no new business construction in our state. They were protesting the building of a rail line from Milwaukee to Madison that will hardly get any use but will cost 100 million dollars in just start up costs. They were protesting the fact that every government worker has complete job security and certain raises while the private sector (the people allowing them to have there job) sees layoffs, job freezes, or salary reduction. They were protesting a state gas tax of $.07 proposed on our budget; another cost that will be just passed on to the consumer.

Actually I'm pretty sure the top payers of taxes were off in their offices working, while the less successful were out "teabagging" with the rest of their kind. A pretty clear example of wealthy folks getting dumb folks to teabag for them IMNSHO!

Funny sight, some of those good ole boys with teabags dangling from their sunglasses, bouncing off their chins...

Latest posts

Back