Amp question for Stage...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublin25

Reaction score
Is there any benefit on using a Pioneer SC-05 (140w into 8) for the Stage vs bi-amping it with a Rotel RB-1050 (70w x 2 into 8, not sure 4 ohm rating) - my other thought is a Rotel RB-1070 bridged (330w).

Thanks!

Is there any benefit on using a Pioneer SC-05 (140w into 8) for the Stage vs bi-amping it with a Rotel RB-1050 (70w x 2 into 8, not sure 4 ohm rating) - my other thought is a Rotel RB-1070 bridged (330w).

Thanks!

Hola Dublin25...I like better quality watts than quantity watts. I use a small amplifier from Bryston, model 2B bridged and it is just fine with my center channel. Dialog and music is well defined and also great with dynamics. Can you have the Rotel and the Pioneer for a little demo in your house?...choose the one that you liked better and trust your ears, not in specs!...happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks!
The Stage has only 1 pair of speaker connects and therefore can't be bi-amped. You can try either amp but the Rotel RB-1070 bridged should work well with the Stage.

Hello,

I experimented with four different amps before going with an Aragon 8008bb with my Stage. As is the case with most Martin Logan's, the more current the better.

Initially, I used a Marantz MA700 ,which for the money, preformed admirably. I later tried a Parasound New Classic 2250 bridged. Strangely, it did not prove to be a great match with my Parasound HCA-3500 which drives my Vantages.

The Aragon has been awesome in this application. I am now truly considering picking up a pair of Palladium's for the Vantages. Or to dream, 5 channels of Palladiums.

Cheers,
ML

Amp for stage (and vista)..

What do you think about using 3 Rotel RB-1091 mono block amps for the vistas and stage? Right now I can get a very good deal on 3 of these. It seems to be a good option. Thanks!

Hello,
Rotel makes an excellent product. I have never listened to any of their Class D offerings though. Monoblocks are very handy. I have had my Marantz monoblocks for over a decade and have always found somewhere to use them. I have been through literally dozens of amps in the time the Marantz have been in residence.

Given the price and Rotel's resale value, it would probably be worth buying. Have you had a chance to listen to them?
Cheers,
ML

Back