Aerius Repair

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hase

Hi,

I own a pair of Aerius speakers for several years and I am really satisfied with them.
Since some days there is something like scratching from one woofer. I opened the back and checked wiring and electronics. I put a diffeerent woofer on the cables and it´s fine.
So I want to get the woofer out of the speaker to check or to replace. But how to come to the screws? How to open the speaker from the front side? I don´t want to damage something so I´d like to get some information how to do.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I own a pair of Aerius speakers for several years and I am really satisfied with them.
Since some days there is something like scratching from one woofer. I opened the back and checked wiring and electronics. I put a diffeerent woofer on the cables and it´s fine.
So I want to get the woofer out of the speaker to check or to replace. But how to come to the screws? How to open the speaker from the front side? I don´t want to damage something so I´d like to get some information how to do.

Thanks in advance!

Hola Hase...disconnect all the speaker cables and the A.C. Power cord, lay your Aerius on their´s back...put a small pillow or cushion to protec the speakers wire connectors, then with a rubber mallet, tap the top of the rails about one inch and they will become loose...remove the bottom panel first. It is only ornamental. Be careful, because it could be sticked to the stat stat panel. With care move the stat panel about two inches to the top of the speaker, then with the help of a small blade screw driver, disconnect the blue, red and black cables of the stat panel and remove it... now you can remove the eight philips screws that secures the woofer. Usually the woofer is stiked to the cabinet...so gently with the help of an blade screw driver, and making a circle, pry at the out side of the woofer´s rim and the cabinet, until it is loose...once it is loose, remove with much care the speaker´s wire. Pay attention to the woffer´s conncection and polarity. Now you can send the woofer to a repair shop for better inspection. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back