Aeon i Budget Setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horizons59

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have enjoyed the eye candy here for some time. I have a budget system with the following:

ML Aeon i
ML Dynamo Sub
HK 3490 Receiver
Onkyo CD & iPod sources

Attachments

• ML-AEONI.jpg
    ML-AEONI.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 763
Welcome to the club Horizon, nice system you've got started there! Do I see corner traps behind the speakers?

Horizons59,

Welcome!

Don't sell your system short. If it is what you like then that is all that matters. We all can improve or change on our systems. If and when you decide to upgrade, you will and if not, enjoy your system and enjoy the music. Either way it is a win win for you.:music:

Jeff:cool:

:welcome: horizons59

We started out at about the same place when i got my Aeon i speakers. Aren't they incredible! I could not believe how good they made my existing equipment sound.

These ML's have a way of causing most owners to gradually acquire equipment to feed their potential. Good luck with controlling your finances :D

i cant stop looking at the wine bottle and wondering how its staying up, its impossible! :ROFL:

very nice setup, enjoy.:cool:

Thanks everyone.

Corner traps? Nah, those are cheapo Asian-style lamps. At night, the light from the lamps illuminates my Logans. The wine bottle stand is a simple device I picked up at Cost Plus. I live in OC, CA. Not sure if Cost Plus is a national chain or not.

I LOVE these Aeon's. I have owned Maggie 1.6, 2.5R, Quads, and all manner of cones and domes. NOTHING can equal these Logans for midrange, highs, and depth of soundstage.

I will upgrade at some point and I am debating between a new amp or upgrading the Dynamo to a higher end ML sub. I like the HK receiver because that is what Linkwitz uses to drive his famous speaker at his vacation home. I heard this system and was floored by how good the HK was and it has pre outputs so can be used with a higher power amp in the future.

Comments?

Back