Odyssey's on the way here ! Back in the stats!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was totally unbelievable. I thought the guy was lying until I got there to see it for myself. It was intriguing enough for my wife and I to drive 800 mi round trip the next day to confirm. Everything was still in plastic and factory sealed. I was beyond giddy! The spikes are still sitting in their plastic and in the styrofoam until I get them placed correctly.

This guy has a plethora of extremely high end pieces and cables for sale. Needless to say, I have a new contact.

Dan

Well that is awesome. I am obviously curious of the price tag. I wouldn't know a good price on that. I want to say they were 6500 new. But I understand. I really find something about those gen MLs over the gen following. I have yet to hear the expression etc. I like big speakers. :)

This Generation was their best to my Ears.. Especially the Odyssey.. I like them better than the Prodigy.. Bass is tighter and more detailed !

system integration. Amplifier selection .. is key ! Sunfire is a good amp but (DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL) not what these need.. Bass is current and albeit sunfire are load invariant and double their power they lack the slam that any Krell I had. I had a Signature 300 Sunfire on my Quests and CLS as well as Maggies and it was lacking.. As soon as I changed it was night and day..

system integration. Amplifier selection .. is key ! Sunfire is a good amp but (DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL) not what these need.. Bass is current and albeit sunfire are load invariant and double their power they lack the slam that any Krell I had. I had a Signature 300 Sunfire on my Quests and CLS as well as Maggies and it was lacking.. As soon as I changed it was night and day..
Not personal at all. I know the Sunfire has the power, but it's no substitute for a clean class A A/B amplifier. Trust me, it's been on my short list for awhile now.

all I can say is WOW these dogs can hunt.. After moving them around and positioning the furniture in the new Audio room Its apparent these may be my best ML I have owned and heard to my ears.. Bass is amazing and imaging is all over but detailed and precise with instruments far right and left of the speakers..

THIS IS WITH A SONY CD player while my Child KPS is getting Upgrades to do HIGH RES DAC formats Tired of the silver disc on a day to day basis.. Still like it like the LP for nostalgia and single play when its a rare or special piece..

Pics will come soon when finalized

Latest posts

Back