The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard,

Thanks for the correction.

timm, thanks for the response. Suffice to say, many people are "queasy" at the moment.

Gordon

Completely understood. The proof will be in results. But I am sure you can agree with me on the hypocrisy on the actions of the fringe while democratic leaders stand silent?? :). Haha. Happy holidays to you as well by the way!!

timm,

My take is that hypocrisy is alive and well with both political parties.

In fact, I've come to the conclusion that (on a national level) hypocrisy is synonymous with politics.

Best,

Gordon

timm,

My take is that hypocrisy is alive and well with both political parties.

In fact, I've come to the conclusion that (on a national level) hypocrisy is synonymous with politics.

Best,

Gordon

I'll buy that. And I think we are touching upon the reason for the election result. Many people probably view it as Hillary = insider. Trump= outsider. Even the republican establishment pretty much said they weren't voting for him. All of this played to his strength as an outsider. Maybe people in inner cities did not turn out in large numbers because of dissatisfaction with current policy

Hi all,

What's your take on the following:

1) It's been reported that DT attends the daily national security / intelligence updates about once a week?

2) DT, in response to the question of potential Russian hacking in our election, has effectively said the CIA can't be trusted regarding the accuracy of their intelligent assessments?

PS: Regarding 1) above, DT responded today by saying "I'm, like, a smart person".

Last edited:
I gotta jump in again...Hillary isn't scary, frightening?? Jesus on a Cross A little closer bitch.jpg

"I love all the little children, they are our future"...*insert vomit emoji , Chris Cuomo, Don Lemmon, still lapping at the door of falsehoods, picking at the splinters of their fallen Goddess and her minions..."As long as they do as I tell them".

Funny how splintered the Republicans were, and now, they are at least acting like they want some thing good for most of us, yet the liberals just keep fragmenting smaller and smaller. Inciting little troubles where they can. IE; Jill Stein, haggas, roadkill stuffed into a sheep's stomach!!! Yum Yum!! G' me ore 'ir!!! Giving money to professional protesters..."riot starters'. I do not believe for one second, that a caring liberal citizen would break into a store, burn a car or any other horrific disrespect of another's property, yet 'their leader' condones and cajoles it all on?

Some might see the humor in this quote from 'Lord of the Rings' and the logic..."There you are Gandalf, forever hatching plots and mischief at a safe distance"...

I did not riot, disrespect others when Obama won last time, I did not curl up in a ball with one thumb in my mouth and the over up my A$$ either. I moved on.

Am I happy now? You bet your bippy I am, I can't wait for what is about to happen, swooonin' under the bright Trump Sun!

Stu,

With all due respect, this is not about HRC. Nor is it about the election results. This is about something much larger.

And the issue of holding hearings regarding potential Russian involvement in the election is being supported by some prime time Republican Senators including McCain, McConnell and Graham.

And if you like a "president elect" who regularly skips intelligence briefings because "he's a smart guy" and apparently doesn't trust his soon to be intelligence advisors, you've supported the right candidate.

Funny how you seem to be in denial about what's coming down.

Best,

Gordon

PS: Your "bitch" is gone and so is Obama in another month. Done. Bengazi hearings have been closed. You're gonna have to find another dog to kick. Frankly, it's time for you to move on.

And FWIW, I really want DT to be a successful president. However, it doesn't mean I'm going to shut my brain down, drink the Jimmy Jones cool aid, put my head in the sand (or up my arse) and ignore what is happening.

Last edited:
Skipping the intelligence briefings is not unusual. Reagan only went to one and he tried to get advisers to do most of the listening.

What I'm curious about are the 9 Electoral college members (so far) who have decided to abstain from voting for Trump. They are trying to get 37 more to abstain because they don't believe Trump is fit to be president. The official vote is next Monday. If they get enough to abstain, the president will be chosen by Congress which means it would still be GOP but they would be asked to pick someone else.

Mark,

Haven't heard about that. What are the realistic chances that this will happen?

Gordon

Mark,

Haven't heard about that. What are the realistic chances that this will happen?

Gordon

Interestingly enough, this was all started with a delegate from Texas.

However I would assume that it is a very slim chance, but at this point nothing would surprise me in this election cycle.

BTW there are also some electoral college members who are pledged to Clinton who have said they plan to abstain.

Bill Clinton didn't want verbal briefings. He received most all in writing. He felt it was a waste of time as he could speed read them at his convenience in much less time.

I would like to think when there was something more important a verbal meeting would happen.

Bill Clinton didn't want verbal briefings. He received most all in writing. He felt it was a waste of time as he could speed read them at his convenience in much less time.

I would like to think when there was something more important a verbal meeting would happen.

I agree Brad....

The problem with this whole dialogue is what it implies..... An implication - that because a President-ELECT (capped that on purpose) does not have time for a daily stand-up - this somehow infers incompetence..... I find it interesting all of this focus on what meetings he is attending .. or his cabinet choices.... what is he doing now to save jobs.... and the guy isn't even President yet!! I don't ever recall this type of attention in the past... nor do I ever recall a President-elect getting involved with anything at all before he took the office? What does Trump get 4 years 2 months in office?

This inference of 'hacking'... Again - this is to infer that the vote count was manipulated on machines not hooked to the internet.... A recount is now needed - Uh - it hasn't paid any dividends... Purpose? To make people feel at ease with the process? Really? I thought it was simply trying to throw darts at the process and make people feel MORE uncomfortable with it. I really believe people on this forum are smart enough to know that the process .... the vote count .... was not 'hacked by the Russians'...... If the Russians hacked DNC servers - and stories that popped from that are true...(I haven't heard otherwise??). The truth is a bad thing? Hello DNC - might want to hire some competent IT people to build a better firewall so you can keep the cover-ups to yourself..... People hear 'hacked' - and Joe Blow on the street thinks - 'vote count was manipulated'..... This is a dangerous mind-set.... and to me .... THAT is the 'fake news'.... The party seems to be good at implication.... inference...... without any real hard evidence that I have heard of? The FBI and CIA seem to disagree on this topic of 'hacking' .... Without evidence - who is spewing the 'fake news'.... Again... all inference and inuendo..... I saw somewhere ... 'a Russian IP address'.... Ahhh - the brilliant Russians didn't cover their trail?? haha.... its what a hacker does for a living...

'Fake News' - again - must be the Russians? This is ridiculous..... We have a lot of 'fake news' out there ... It used to be called 'spin'.....

timm,

Apparently some very high ranking Republican Senators (along with some Democrats) believe it's worthwhile to investigate to what degree (if any) the Russians "hacked" into the DNC and possibly the RNC and to what degree (if any) it potentially influenced the election results. If this is "fake" news to you, so be it.

I personally don't believe it affected the election results.

I do believe that we should find out the extent of their activity within the context of future undermining of our election process.

Best,

Gordon

PS: Regarding fake news, what about the dude who walked into the Comet Ping Pong Pizza Shop in Washington DC last week armed with a loaded AR 15 looking for children to "rescue". He apparently believed that the restaurant, per some posted on line Republican leaning fake news proponents, was part of a child sex trafficking ring run by the Democrats. Fortunately, only two shots were discharged by this dude and no one was hurt. :eek1:

And, per what I have heard to date, this all began as a result of some hacked e-mails published Julian Assange of Wikileaks.

Last edited:
First it was Comey, then they attacked the electoral college method, then it was fake news, and now it's on to the Russians. But 'if' it was the Russians that hacked the DNC emails, what did those emails show us? The most damaging things in the emails was the proof that in fact the DNC was rigging the system against Bernie. They got rid of Debbie Wasserman Shultz for leaked emails showing her obvious support of Hillary over Bernie and replaced her with Donna Brazile. Then out comes emails showing that Donna was being given debate questions in advance and Hillary's campaign was more than happy to receive them from her. You can't make that stuff up.

It's amazing that after so many months of downplaying the significance of Hillary keeping our national secrets on a private server, the democrats are suddenly very concerned with cyber security. But I too find it disturbing to think that Russia would hack our nations emails, no matter the source, and use it to either disrupt or sway our elections. If we know for certain they did this, then we need to retaliate. I am tired of hearing about how China is hacking and stealing our business secrets and so forth. It's time for us to quit allowing this type of stuff to just go on with no consequences for the perps.

Then out comes emails showing that Donna was being given debate questions in advance and Hillary's campaign was more than happy to receive them from her.

Kevin,

Please provide proof. I think that was a claim initially made by DT or his staff but never proven. Absent that, seems like this is more Republican conspiracy fake news?

Best,

Gordon

PS: Also, see my above post 253 "Regarding fake news" for context regarding your statement about "the most damaging things in the e-mails".

Last edited:
First it was Comey, then they attacked the electoral college method, then it was fake news, and now it's on to the Russians. But 'if' it was the Russians that hacked the DNC emails, what did those emails show us? The most damaging things in the emails was the proof that in fact the DNC was rigging the system against Bernie. They got rid of Debbie Wasserman Shultz for leaked emails showing her obvious support of Hillary over Bernie and replaced her with Donna Brazile. Then out comes emails showing that Donna was being given debate questions in advance and Hillary's campaign was more than happy to receive them from her. You can't make that stuff up.

It's amazing that after so many months of downplaying the significance of Hillary keeping our national secrets on a private server, the democrats are suddenly very concerned with cyber security. But I too find it disturbing to think that Russia would hack our nations emails, no matter the source, and use it to either disrupt or sway our elections. If we know for certain they did this, then we need to retaliate. I am tired of hearing about how China is hacking and stealing our business secrets and so forth. It's time for us to quit allowing this type of stuff to just go on with no consequences for the perps.

Amen brutha Kevin. Let's just say everybody is trying to get information from everyone. US included. However to twist this and try to again infer the wrong candidate won because of Russian influence is ridiculous. And my concern is the leaders in the party continue to pretend they are doing this in the name of democracy as opposed to their own self interests. And quite frankly they don't care who could get hurt in this charade they are proposing.

Actually, the only "fake news" I believe I have read on this site was the following statement that was written about Trump earlier in this very thread.

**"He recently said in NH, may need to Annex Mexico to secure America's safety from Mexican terror attacks using planes. Cheaper than a wall, and deportation camps can then be built there where Americans won't have to see them. Need somewhere to house the over 3 million US citizens who are Muslim as well, again for National Security, and Mexico is big enough to accommodate both.**"

I searched for a mainstream source for that and could not find one. Certainly if Trump really said anything of this sort it would have made the NY Times or the Washington Post. But if someone has a reliable source, let me know, I could be wrong. The narrative the left is trying to paint is that fake news is the domain of the right, but the truth is that both parties peddle in smut. How about "hands up, don't shoot", the liberal media was all over that one for quite awhile.

But the story of Donna Brazile is very real. Kind of hard to believe- is not? Which is why I said that you can't make something like that up..... and no one did. She actually fed the Clinton campaign debate questions on two separate occasions, and the Clinton campaign accepted them. CNN as a result of this fired Donna Brazile from her part time gig with them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donna-brazile-wikileaks-fallout-230553

I have to ask you though Gordon, do you watch or read the news other than that from liberal sources? I thought this story was very common knowledge, it was too juicy for even the mainstream media to ignore. I read about multiple times in the Washington Post, on Huffington Post and even MSNBC's "Morning Joe" covered it fairly well.
c

Wisconsin recount results. Trump widens lead by 131 votes. I feel so much better now and my faith in the democratic process has been restored. What a joke and waste of money.

Stu,

With all due respect, this is not about HRC. Nor is it about the election results. This is about something much larger.

I see that as well, and as said, very happy with how it will turn out.

And the issue of holding hearings regarding potential Russian involvement in the election is being supported by some prime time Republican Senators including McCain, McConnell and Graham.

:confused: 'prime time', more like aging dinosaurs that can't remember which side they are on...sickening lot of hohums IMHO!

And if you like a "president elect" who regularly skips intelligence briefings because "he's a smart guy" and apparently doesn't trust his soon to be intelligence advisors, you've supported the right candidate.

Please reread the below posts, I agree, clutching at straws again Gordon.

Funny how you seem to be in denial about what's coming down.

I could say the same but, I'll be a gentleman about it. Best to you as well Gordon, Craig

Best,

Gordon

PS: Your "bitch" is gone and so is Obama in another month. Done. Bengazi hearings have been closed. You're gonna have to find another dog to kick. Frankly, it's time for you to move on.

Would you sir, like to talk to the families of the Bengazi murders and tell them it's closed? I don't kick dogs, I kick A$$holes that desperately need kicking, your sick "bitch" ain't getting off easy, watch and learn my friend.

And FWIW, I really want DT to be a successful president. However, it doesn't mean I'm going to shut my brain down, drink the Jimmy Jones cool aid, put my head in the sand (or up my arse) and ignore what is happening.
[/QUOTE]

Good for you dude, and I as well, that's what I've been saying all along, best,
Craig

I have to ask you though Gordon, do you watch or read the news other than that from liberal sources? I thought this story was very common knowledge, it was too juicy for even the mainstream media to ignore. I read about multiple times in the Washington Post, on Huffington Post and even MSNBC's "Morning Joe" covered it fairly well.
c

Sorry Kevin,

Totally missed it. And my two "main" sources of news are CNN and NPR.

And I agree that misinformation is rampant regardless of party affiliation.

Best,

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back